• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how about we talk about our upcoming game

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Don't remember much about last year's game except that it was really bad weather.  Cold and windy (like in the 40s), not sure if it was raining or not, but our Offense couldn't do squat.  Grothe got a bloody nose or something, and our D played great but just tired in the last half. 

We need to concentrate on moving the sticks and keeping our D fresh.  Then when we're in striking distance we need to make sure we get touchdowns so we don't settle for any kicking issues.  Cincinatti is for real and our boys better be aware.  I think this is easily our toughest remaining game on the schedule.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

This game is not setting up well for us at all.  Cincy had a bye week, which will help them greatly at this point in the season.  In contrast, we are pretty beat up.  Both teams still have alot to play for though.  The home crowd will help and our D is in pretty good shape, but I don't think they will be enough to overcome our woes on offense.  Hope I'm wrong, but the trend is definitely down.  GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

Grothe probably had his worse game last year at Cincy, expecting a big game from him Saturday.

Our RB's need to step up.

Time for some young recivers to step up.

Defense needs to stop the run.

We need to quit making critical mistakes.

"There's no place like home."

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

In retrospect that bye week came way too early.  I think we would have handled UNC pretty well without it.  It would have been nice to have an off week before UConn or Cincinnati. 

• Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

I'm afraid that after this game, we may think the 15 scored against UConn was pretty good.  Watched Mauk in one game on TV and he is pretty good, especially for having a bionic arm.  Don't want to sound like a downer, but I think the losing streak reaches 3 and we drop out of the BCS after this one.  After beating Auburn and WV and I thought our 2 losses would be to Rutgers and Cinci.  Didn't figure the UConn game as a loss. 

We will be there being as loud as can be for our D.

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

USF TOs must vanish, Grothe must learn to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack/TFL and special teams play must improve.  Getting a moderate running game vs UC will make this a successful outing but it is unlikely since UC has a defense comparable to RU & UCONN.  I'd really like to see some power "I" formations with B.Williams as the FB and M.Ford or Jameel at TB.  Maybe even a option/veer wrinkle thrown in for a surprise.

• Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

USF TOs must vanish, Grothe must learn to throw the ball away instead of taking a sack/TFL and special teams play must improve.  Getting a moderate running game vs UC will make this a successful outing but it is unlikely since UC has a defense comparable to RU & UCONN.  I'd really like to see some power "I" formations with B.Williams as the FB and M.Ford or Jameel at TB.  Maybe even a option/veer wrinkle thrown in for a surprise.

Do you really think we'll see new formations and plays this time of year???  My guess is same ol, same ol on offense and hope the D wins it for us.

• Content Count:  21,260
  • Days Won:  10

Cincy will force or DB and Linebackers to work hard.  We need to keep the crowd in the game when they have the ball.  And the crowd will need to help montivate our offense.  

• Content Count:  21,260
  • Days Won:  10

What happened with our Defense, if they can get to Mauk we will control the game.

Archived