• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2006 vs 2007 after 8 weeks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

And, have you ever lived in somewhere like Iowa or Kansas especially in winter? ugh!

On the flip side, I have lived in Florida my entire life, and the summer heat in Florida can become very tiring.  It is always easier to warm up in cold weather than it is to cool down in the heat.  You can always wear more clothing in the winter, but there comes a point where even stripping down to bare naked will not cool you down in the heat.

Try 40+ years of searing Florida heat.  I fantasize about retiring to Alaska or Antarctica. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

...  Acceptance of mediocrity breeds mediocrity and I'm sorry if someone is offended with sounding off about glaring issues with this team's game plan and execution.  ... and I have heard none calling for Leavitt to be fired - I guess it's fun making stuff up though.  ...

You are implying I accept mediocrity ? Sadly mistaken.

I am far from offended with people sounding off, I laugh at many of these uneducated rants.

I know we have to play better, but I chose not to show ignorance as many on here do.

And you can read Brett's blog for more callings for Leavitt's head.

"making stuff up" ? I posted facts regarding how well this season is compared to last year. This team is improving, but a long way from being the power I EXPECT !

Why do "facts" get some riled up on here? LOL I am not raining on a parade. This isn't 2004 or 5 ... we're ranked #18 and I am looking forward to beating Cincy. I've seen this team WIN 6 games and no that it is a better representation than the past 2 games. This team "could've" won the last 2, but they didn't. This team "can" win this Saturday.

LOL ... The "facts" I posted show how good this season has been so far and it gets some frustrated because it doesn't show how bad the last 2 games were. I'm looking at the entire season we've played so far and it's much better than last year at this time and have no reason to think it will not end up being better.

Go BULLS !!!

smazza said he asked for Leavitt's firing in the past - so I didn't count that since I think smazza is always overly negative many many times but can be very realistic on other issues.  I don't look at other sites other than this one - so I assumed since you posted here you were talking about people on this one.  You've got to forget the ranking - it means nothing - and without improvement we could possibly do worse that last year since we only have one win more than we had last year at this time.  I know you're trying to be positive but after our first loss many were saying "We still control our own destiny, we'll still get a BCS Bowl, 11-1 isn't bad, when will we be able to pass WVU in the rankings, etc, etc", that's the parade that got rained on.  What we have now is a two game slide with a porous defense to the run, a passing game giving up more INTs than TDs, 100 yds in penalties per game, very poor tackling, very poor special teams play, and an almost non-existant running game against BCS opponents  I for one am one of many that are concerned and would like to voice my concern without ridicule - therefore that is not "showing ignorance" ET. 

I have been going to every home game since Kentucky Weslyan so I am not a bandwagoner and have been visiting this site since it's inception - just never joined until last year.  This is where many bandwagoners are - not at the games and traveling to each bowl game (been to both) and some away games (Auburn, Georgia Southern).  I think painting the whole season as 6-2 and better than 5-3 is naive - but positive.  So is looking forward to 10-2 by seasons end.  I say correct the problems, beat Cincy, then we can talk about going to 8-2 for the following game.  Until then, it's all just pie in the sky, unrealistic BS.  You did point out facts - I don't argue with that and I agree that we can beat Cincy but we also could have and should have beaten Rutgers and UConn - which would be my point.  I do like your upbeat attitude and I will be sharing it 100% on Saturday - all day.  No offense meant towards you I just thought your comment about people calling for Leavitts head  because we may not be as positive as you was a bit over the top (obviously smazza excluded).

Oh and IncrediBULL:  I have donated since 1997- first 24 tickets ($500 per 8, i.e. $1500 per year), then $1,000 for 24 then down to 16 later, now $2,000 for 12 (i.e. $4,000 per year).  When did you start donating to the program big spender?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

I like this rare POSITIVE post. Thanks E.T.

You will learn about E.T.

Jim Leavitt could pull out an M16 at th SunDome and mow down 350 people, and E.T. would put a positive spin on it by saying how great it is that Jim Leavitt cares enough about our football program to show recruits how "hardcore" he is by going on a killing spree.

Smazza is one extreme end of the spectrum and E.T. is the other extreme.

And then there is me, ...

LOL ... MAB still painting things the way he wants to see it ... can not provide facts to back up his silly claims.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

...  Acceptance of mediocrity breeds mediocrity and I'm sorry if someone is offended with sounding off about glaring issues with this team's game plan and execution.  ... and I have heard none calling for Leavitt to be fired - I guess it's fun making stuff up though.  ...

You are implying I accept mediocrity ? Sadly mistaken.

I am far from offended with people sounding off, I laugh at many of these uneducated rants.

I know we have to play better, but I chose not to show ignorance as many on here do.

"making stuff up" ? I posted facts regarding how well this season is compared to last year. This team is improving, but a long way from being the power I EXPECT !

... This isn't 2004 or 5 ... we're ranked #18 and I am looking forward to beating Cincy. I've seen this team WIN 6 games and no that it is a better representation than the past 2 games. This team "could've" won the last 2, but they didn't. This team "can" win this Saturday.

LOL ... The "facts" I posted show how good this season has been so far and it gets some frustrated because it doesn't show how bad the last 2 games were. I'm looking at the entire season we've played so far and it's much better than last year at this time and have no reason to think it will not end up being better.

Go BULLS !!!

...  You've got to forget the ranking - it means nothing - and without improvement we could possibly do worse that last year since we only have one win more than we had last year at this time.  ...  What we have now is a two game slide with a porous defense to the run, a passing game giving up more INTs than TDs, 100 yds in penalties per game, very poor tackling, very poor special teams play, and an almost non-existant running game against BCS opponents   I for one am one of many that are concerned and would like to voice my concern without ridicule - therefore that is not "showing ignorance" ET. 

Rankings do not mean "nothing".

We've changed dramaticly as a team from the first 6 games to the last 2. I just expect to see us back to where we were earlier. We can speculate either way, it won't make a difference. We've had concerns the entire season, but we pulled out victories. We could have won the last 2 also. We are back HOME and that makes a big difference.

Voicing concern is fine ... I am referring to those showing their ignorance. As far as I know, you haven't, but I don't pay too much attention to the names and who posts what. I quoted your comments because they we not true:

A. I do not accept mediocrity.

B. I was not offended.

C. Letting you know that more than just smazza call for Leavitt's head.

D. And you accussed me of making things up when I posted factual stats.

THANK YOU for your long & continued support ... GO BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,403

ET may be an eternal optimist, but no one can dispute that he.........loves the team.

I don't dispute that.

However, an optimist looks at the "glass" as being half-full.

E.T. (and a few others) looks at a half-full glass and says it is overflowing.

Being out of touch with reality does not help one's arguments.

Good gosh.  All he did was post FACTS about how this season was going compared to last year.  If we had lost to Auburn and WVU but won the last 2 games, people would be more content because we would not have climbed so far to begin with.  We would know we're a good team but maybe not ready for a national championship run.  I think we would be ranked in that case as well.

The point is that the season, when you step back for a second to think about it as a whole, is going ok and could end great.  We are ranked for the first time ever and have a chance to move back into the top 10.  Yes, considering only the last 2 games and where we fell to, it's very disappointing.  I was very upset we lost those 2 games. 

E.T. giving perspective is not "out of touch with reality."  What he posted is the reality.  It is fact.  Try to be more positive and enjoy life a little more.  Complaining about losses does not get you a rematch.  We can still have a very positive season.  We can still have the best season we have ever have and be the fastest team to ever finish in the top whatever.

My comments about E.T. were not directed at this thread at all, because he actually gave facts this time.

My comments were in response to the person who said "thanks for the RARE positive post."

Go back to the beginning and read.

And by the way, thanks for pointing out that complaining doesn't get us a rematch.

I thought it would.

I did read.  Being positive does not mean you are out of touch with reality.  Being negative does not make you always right.

You still attacked him by saying he gave facts "this time."  I don't see anyone else giving us player stats or attacks at records.  Are those not facts?  I guess you ignore those since they are positive.

You have no argument here, since all you are saying is that he's too positive.  He gave facts.  You give opinions that slant negative.  Oh well.

• Content Count:  10,219

PER GAME SCORE AVG.

2006 - 24.3

2007 - 31.6

65 vs UCF skews this avg. so maybe not so good...but i think gregory is doing a good job and should cont. to improve

Archived