• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

2006 vs 2007 after 8 weeks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

But still suck we lost those games...thank for trying making us feel better.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,370

I like this rare POSITIVE post. Thanks E.T.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

...  Acceptance of mediocrity breeds mediocrity and I'm sorry if someone is offended with sounding off about glaring issues with this team's game plan and execution.  ... and I have heard none calling for Leavitt to be fired - I guess it's fun making stuff up though.  ...

You are implying I accept mediocrity ? Sadly mistaken.

I am far from offended with people sounding off, I laugh at many of these uneducated rants.

I know we have to play better, but I chose not to show ignorance as many on here do.

And you can read Brett's blog for more callings for Leavitt's head.

"making stuff up" ? I posted facts regarding how well this season is compared to last year. This team is improving, but a long way from being the power I EXPECT !

Why do "facts" get some riled up on here? LOL I am not raining on a parade. This isn't 2004 or 5 ... we're ranked #18 and I am looking forward to beating Cincy. I've seen this team WIN 6 games and no that it is a better representation than the past 2 games. This team "could've" won the last 2, but they didn't. This team "can" win this Saturday.

LOL ... The "facts" I posted show how good this season has been so far and it gets some frustrated because it doesn't show how bad the last 2 games were. I'm looking at the entire season we've played so far and it's much better than last year at this time and have no reason to think it will not end up being better.

Go BULLS !!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You will learn about E.T.

Jim Leavitt could pull out an M16 at th SunDome and mow down 350 people, and E.T. would put a positive spin on it by saying how great it is that Jim Leavitt cares enough about our football program to show recruits how "hardcore" he is by going on a killing spree.

Smazza is one extreme end of the spectrum and E.T. is the other extreme.

• Content Count:  695

You will learn about E.T.

Jim Leavitt could pull out an M16 at th SunDome and mow down 350 people, and E.T. would put a positive spin on it by saying how great it is that Jim Leavitt cares enough about our football program to show recruits how "hardcore" he is by going on a killing spree.

Smazza is one extreme end of the spectrum and E.T. is the other extreme.

And then there is me, who gets fired at from both sides. I think Leavitt it a good coach, said it all year but he is far from the best. He still hasn't won a conference title, he still hasn't had a 10 win season (that can change this year), he still hasn't had a highly ranked recruited class (that can change this year). I think he's a great coach for our program though, he's built it from the ground up and he has remained loyal.

I think it is crap how he chose to stay with us turning down offers from Miami, Alabama twice, and Kansas State yet fans are ready to throw him under the bus after a couple of loss. Thats the thanks he gets for staying with our program, horrible. But I don't think he's the second-coming of Christ either.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I think people on this board are wayyy ahead of themeselves and forgot where we came from. 

only 11 seasons

two bowl games with one win

Rise from 1AA to 1A

Rise from no conference, to CUSA and then to BE

Go from no team to two sellouts in an NFL stadium

Rise to a Top 2 team with 5 - 6 nationally televised games just over halfway in the season.

All in 10 short years.

Also consider we started in trailers

Leavitt got 75k his first year (a salary cut)

we still haven't done enough to get the A recruits, a lot of B guys and little depth

Just got a training facility two years ago

He still does not have decent salaries to pay assistant coaches (they are working for peanuts, hence all of the yearly changes)

Plus we have a chance at another bowl game, an 11 - 2 season, and could finish in the top 15.

Anyone calling for Leavitt's head should have theirs examined.  There is no one who could have done what he has done in as short a period of time.  No One....  Period.  Anyone who thinks differently should back away from the crack pipe..

Leavitt needs a couple of years to capitalize on recruits from this season.  He needs more $$ for himself, and for his assistant coaches.  He needs more fans in seats, not fair weather fans (like some on this board).  In fact, more people on the bandwagon was great.  Now we are only top 20 people are falling off in droves...  WTF is that?  The gators were not top 20 forever but still consistently sold a lot of seats for games.  They didn't run away after 11 seasons.

Personally I hope all of the negative nellies bail on the program and we get some folks who are driven to action and will donate money to the program (alumni, athletic, etc) and will help our program rise rather than trying to break it down.

In fact, I just increased my donation leavel and bought into two Basketball season tix to support the program.  Would like to see more people do something to help rather than knocking down where we are at.

I still say this will end as the BEST season in history.  Too bad others have forgotten where we have come from.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I think people on this board are wayyy ahead of themeselves and forgot where we came from. 

only 11 seasons

two bowl games with one win

Rise from 1AA to 1A

Rise from no conference, to CUSA and then to BE

Go from no team to two sellouts in an NFL stadium

Rise to a Top 2 team with 5 - 6 nationally televised games just over halfway in the season.

All in 10 short years.

Also consider we started in trailers

Leavitt got 75k his first year (a salary cut)

we still haven't done enough to get the A recruits, a lot of B guys and little depth

Just got a training facility two years ago

He still does not have decent salaries to pay assistant coaches (they are working for peanuts, hence all of the yearly changes)

Plus we have a chance at another bowl game, an 11 - 2 season, and could finish in the top 15.

Anyone calling for Leavitt's head should have theirs examined.   There is no one who could have done what he has done in as short a period of time.  No One....  Period.   Anyone who thinks differently should back away from the crack pipe..

Leavitt needs a couple of years to capitalize on recruits from this season.  He needs more $$ for himself, and for his assistant coaches.   He needs more fans in seats, not fair weather fans (like some on this board).   In fact, more people on the bandwagon was great.  Now we are only top 20 people are falling off in droves...  WTF is that?  The gators were not top 20 forever but still consistently sold a lot of seats for games.   They didn't run away after 11 seasons.

Personally I hope all of the negative nellies bail on the program and we get some folks who are driven to action and will donate money to the program (alumni, athletic, etc) and will help our program rise rather than trying to break it down.

In fact, I just increased my donation leavel and bought into two Basketball season tix to support the program.  Would like to see more people do something to help rather than knocking down where we are at.

I still say this will end as the BEST season in history.  Too bad others have forgotten where we have come from.

Yes, the GENUINE bandwagon fans will forget where this program started only 12 years ago.

If people are taking enough time to sign on, read, and post to this site, call me crazy.......but I doubt too many of them are bandwagoners in the true sense.

After two losses, what would you expect but some criticism and moping (certainly me included).  For a HUGE number of people,  that's what being a fan is all about.  Doesn't mean anyone who points out weaknesses and changes that should be made have given up on this team.  It's amazing to me how many people are surprised when there is criticism after a loss.  Besides that, a lot of us here have been leveling the same criticisms all season (especially in reference to Gregory and the offense).

And with those same losses and critiques come the "Pollyannas" who will defend anything and anyone associated with this program to the death......facts and legit observations notwithstanding.

The sooner we all learn and can commit this dynamic to memory, the sooner we can stop whining about each other's OPINIONS.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I'm just saying some of this is outside of Leavitts control.  When you don't have $$ to pay your asst coaches, don't have top recruits because you are just now moving into the national and conference spotlights, etc. 

Consider our three starting OLine guys who are injured.  We cannot put a second string 300+ lb. guy in behind them - because we don't have them.  FSU, UF, and UM do, we don't.

This will be the year we will get recruits we need for 08 / 09  / 10.  We can build on that next year.  We also need $$$ to improve our coaching staff (Leavitt isn't the only coach on the team, and Gregory may need better assts). 

I agree we should have won at least one of those two games.  I think that the losses are split evenly between us not making good play calling adjustments (ie coaching) and the players believing the polls...  Both need to get back into alignment if we want to win out.

This is not emotion speaking, but my strong opinion.  Losing Leavitt would be the WORST thing that could happen to this program.  Trust me, plenty of programs would double his salary to get him.  Who would we get, a big name putz like O'Leary (liar, cheat, and crappy coach).  We'd get some second class coach and our program would go backwards for 5 years and we'd fire him and then try again.  It would be 10 years down the road before anything 'might" come of it....

The good news, the beer lines at RJS would be shorter because there would be no fans for 8 years....

Guest JulmisteForPrez

This is not emotion speaking, but my strong opinion.  Losing Leavitt would be the WORST thing that could happen to this program.   Trust me, plenty of programs would double his salary to get him.  Who would we get, a big name putz like O'Leary (liar, cheat, and crappy coach).   We'd get some second class coach and our program would go backwards for 5 years and we'd fire him and then try again.  It would be 10 years down the road before anything 'might" come of it....

I share that particular opinion.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

ET may be an eternal optimist, but no one can dispute that he makes some valid points and loves the team.

The comparison he posted is to show where we are in relation to last year at this point in time.  We have improved over last year's stats, and can definitely improve more.  I bullieve we will.

Let's not chop each other up.  We are Bull Nation and are support each other.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Archived