• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2006 vs 2007 after 8 weeks

Guest JulmisteForPrez

ET may be an eternal optimist, but no one can dispute that he.........loves the team.

I don't dispute that.

However, an optimist looks at the "glass" as being half-full.

E.T. (and a few others) looks at a half-full glass and says it is overflowing.

Being out of touch with reality does not help one's arguments.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

ET may be an eternal optimist, but no one can dispute that he.........loves the team.

I don't dispute that.

On the flipside of that, there are also quite a few people on here who look at a half-full glass and say it's bone dry.

I believe that optimism is vital, but nonetheless agree that you can't lose sight of reality.

• Content Count:  3,403

I don't dispute that.

Good gosh.  All he did was post FACTS about how this season was going compared to last year.  If we had lost to Auburn and WVU but won the last 2 games, people would be more content because we would not have climbed so far to begin with.  We would know we're a good team but maybe not ready for a national championship run.  I think we would be ranked in that case as well.

The point is that the season, when you step back for a second to think about it as a whole, is going ok and could end great.  We are ranked for the first time ever and have a chance to move back into the top 10.  Yes, considering only the last 2 games and where we fell to, it's very disappointing.  I was very upset we lost those 2 games. 

E.T. giving perspective is not "out of touch with reality."  What he posted is the reality.  It is fact.  Try to be more positive and enjoy life a little more.  Complaining about losses does not get you a rematch.  We can still have a very positive season.  We can still have the best season we have ever have and be the fastest team to ever finish in the top whatever.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I don't dispute that.

Good gosh.  All he did was post FACTS about how this season was going compared to last year.  If we had lost to Auburn and WVU but won the last 2 games, people would be more content because we would not have climbed so far to begin with.  We would know we're a good team but maybe not ready for a national championship run.  I think we would be ranked in that case as well.

The point is that the season, when you step back for a second to think about it as a whole, is going ok and could end great.  We are ranked for the first time ever and have a chance to move back into the top 10.  Yes, considering only the last 2 games and where we fell to, it's very disappointing.  I was very upset we lost those 2 games. 

E.T. giving perspective is not "out of touch with reality."  What he posted is the reality.  It is fact.  Try to be more positive and enjoy life a little more.  Complaining about losses does not get you a rematch.  We can still have a very positive season.  We can still have the best season we have ever have and be the fastest team to ever finish in the top whatever.

My comments about E.T. were not directed at this thread at all, because he actually gave facts this time.

My comments were in response to the person who said "thanks for the RARE positive post."

Go back to the beginning and read.

And by the way, thanks for pointing out that complaining doesn't get us a rematch.

I thought it would.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

My post was not agaisnt ET either.  It was more in line with what Smazza and others have been posting lately - that we need to get rid of Leavitt and other coaches.  I say BS and listed my reasons why. 

The purpose of my post was to vent against those who are criticizing where we are at and not lookign at the fact this this very welll could be our best season ever.  If you think the team and coaches suck, go away and come back next season so the rest of us can enjoy the remaining 5 games of our season.  Hopefully we will make the right adjustments (mostly player attitude) and get back into a 5 - 0 situation on remaining games. 

There is still a lot of football left to play.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

smazza was doing so well, and now he's back to negative =/

• Content Count:  1,433

Thanks ET...good points and reminders.  Thank God for REAL fans like you...ok, so we're not going to a BCS bowl....are you still a Bull or not?  Finish strong THIS YEAR and be better NEXT YEAR! 

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Look at it this way, only 17 teams are better ( or in reality ranked higher), than our Bulls.  Last year and prior years it would have been double that amount of teams.  We're closing the gap fast.

• Content Count:  5,241

Leavitt wont go anywhere. Tampa is his home! And, have you ever lived in somewhere like Iowa or Kansas especially in winter? ugh!

Leavitt is going to continue to build a heck of a program here, and soon enough we will have a solid kicker and much improved special teams.

• Content Count:  635

I think people on this board are wayyy ahead of themeselves and forgot where we came from. 

only 11 seasons

two bowl games with one win

Rise from 1AA to 1A

Rise from no conference, to CUSA and then to BE

Go from no team to two sellouts in an NFL stadium

Rise to a Top 2 team with 5 - 6 nationally televised games just over halfway in the season.

All in 10 short years.

Also consider we started in trailers

Leavitt got 75k his first year (a salary cut)

we still haven't done enough to get the A recruits, a lot of B guys and little depth

Just got a training facility two years ago

He still does not have decent salaries to pay assistant coaches (they are working for peanuts, hence all of the yearly changes)

Plus we have a chance at another bowl game, an 11 - 2 season, and could finish in the top 15.

Anyone calling for Leavitt's head should have theirs examined.   There is no one who could have done what he has done in as short a period of time.  No One....  Period.   Anyone who thinks differently should back away from the crack pipe..

Leavitt needs a couple of years to capitalize on recruits from this season.  He needs more $$ for himself, and for his assistant coaches.   He needs more fans in seats, not fair weather fans (like some on this board).   In fact, more people on the bandwagon was great.  Now we are only top 20 people are falling off in droves...  WTF is that?  The gators were not top 20 forever but still consistently sold a lot of seats for games.   They didn't run away after 11 seasons.

Personally I hope all of the negative nellies bail on the program and we get some folks who are driven to action and will donate money to the program (alumni, athletic, etc) and will help our program rise rather than trying to break it down.

In fact, I just increased my donation leavel and bought into two Basketball season tix to support the program.  Would like to see more people do something to help rather than knocking down where we are at.

I still say this will end as the BEST season in history.  Too bad others have forgotten where we have come from.

i just don't see how long the program has been around has anything to do with the way our run defense has taken a big nosedive the past two games.

Archived