• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I can't believe I actually thought we were a top-15 team

BJ

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

things have changed a bit since the beginning of the season from a personel standpoint-- we are geting banged up badly and losing some key players -- Walter Walker was a huge loss and so was a playmaker like Taurus Johnson who was just getting out of his shell finally in the UCF game.

there have been lots of things that contirbuted to the losses. But we still do have a talented team and things can turn around. It will be a much needed home coming after two tough opponents on the road.

I was afraid the fast start was going to overdo many peoples expectations. All this talk of winning this or playing the for the NC after 6 games was crazy even if there was the chance it could happen. I never felt we could run the table for the season-- it just seems unrealistic.

Now-- as to the question of who we are as a team and are we top 25 material?

ABSOLUTELY

Look at who we have played and beat-- and who they have played/beat. Look at comparable scores. Look at other teams also going through adversity-- this entire season has been about adversity. If you can't see that this has been one of the strangest seasons in memory and that USF could probably hang with just about any team in the country (not to mention lose to plenty of them as well-- it's a 50-50 deal there)-- then you really don't understand college ball.

you weren't fooled-- you were enlightened.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  3

...All this talk of winning this or playing the for the NC after 6 games was crazy even if there was the chance it could happen. I never felt we could run the table for the season-- it just seems unrealistic. ...

That is true. The thing is, there's a lot of touristas who made the mistake of believing that the NC was a reasonable goal, and maybe not just play it...win it. It's extremely difficult to get to that level. In particular, if you're making that assumption half way through the season with one conference game under your belt.

Just because we sat at the number two position...honest to God...did you really believe that of the 117 IA teams, we were reeeeeaaalllly the second best in the country?

There's another post out there that points out that, although the success of USF is incredible, now that we are where we are, we have to grind it out just like everyone else who runs a big time program.  8)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

yep-- we've got a tough 4 games left

If we can win 3 out of the 4, that would be a job well done-- all things considered.

Cinci-- tough

Pitt- tough

Cuse-- tough

UL -- tough

There isn't a gimme game on our conference schedule this year. I'm not sure where that post is outlining whihc games people felt were the gimmes and whatnot. My list seems to change every week as our opponents continue to amaze me.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Guys, tomorrow we'll be ranked around 20 in the BCS standings.  If anyone would have told us this summer that at this point we would be 7-2 and ranked 20th in the country, we would have not believed it was possible.  I'm as disappointed as anyone over the last 2 games but we must Chillax my friends.  Life is good.  Go Bulls.

I disagree. Most people believed if we beat Auburn (or WVU), we would be in the top 25.  Also, I would have predicted a 7-2 recrord at this point, just with different losses.

This is certainly not a bad season, but it's not one that people thouht was impossible to have

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

And as far as this post in general, I don't want it taken the wrong way. The fact is, we were overrated. This is not to say we didn't deserve our former ranking, because based on our results and the results of other teams, we should have been #2. However, we are not yet a #2 caliber team (which is fine, and expected), and I think we have proven that.

I hope we finish out the season strong, and hope that we can get lucky and hit our outside shot at a Big East title

Archived