• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I can't believe I actually thought we were a top-15 team

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Believe the hype.  We deserved to be at the rankings we were at.  After achieving those heights, they couldn't hold onto it.  Are they now looking like a top 15 team?  Obviously not, but they were before.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

You are the Joke by not Bullieving....get real.  7-2 is great and the best start EVER by Buls in 11 years.

Tradition is alive

• Content Count:  385

I still say we can beat any team in the nation...Rutgers needed a reveresed TD and trick plays on a national stage at home to beat us. UCONN got to play us in a torrential downpour for the first half of the game and took advantage. We looked like a top 10 team in the second half (outside of the AWFUL mental mistakesand horrible play calling.)

This is still a very good team that's only a few calls away from being #2 in the nation right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Guys, tomorrow we'll be ranked around 20 in the BCS standings.  If anyone would have told us this summer that at this point we would be 7-2 and ranked 20th in the country, we would have not believed it was possible.  I'm as disappointed as anyone over the last 2 games but we must Chillax my friends.  Life is good.  Go Bulls.

• Content Count:  132

Guys, tomorrow we'll be ranked around 20 in the BCS standings.  If anyone would have told us this summer that at this point we would be 7-2 and ranked 20th in the country, we would have not believed it was possible.  I'm as disappointed as anyone over the last 2 games but we must Chillax my friends.  Life is good.  Go Bulls.

The BCS relies heavily on computer rankings as well.  With UF losing to UGA, that hurts Auburn, which inturn hurts USF for the win at Auburn.  Also, Rutgers getting blown out will hurt USF, but WVU beating them might balance it out.  I would say USF drops to around 25 in the BCS, depending on where the polls put USF.  BCS dreams are over, now what is this team made of will be the next question.  Finishing 10-2 would make for a great year in anyones eyes, but UL is still out there and so is Cincy.  This team could very easily finish 8-4, going 1-4 the last five games. 

The sad thing is, USF wasted a great defense as many of the team will not be back.  USF will not replace guys like your corners or your MLB.  Offensivly, never really was impressed.  Grothe is a great play maker when he gets outside the pocket, when forced to play QB from the pocket, he is average at best. 

• Content Count:  186

At the beginning of the season most of you would have been thrilled just to be ranked.  Now you are borderline suicide because we have 2 losses.  You guys need to step back and look at the big pictue.  The program is advancing, we are making progress and we are making USF a household name.  We still have a good chance to finish 10-2 and thats a **** good season.

The problem is the college football system, lose 1 or 2 games and your season is over.  I would still give this team a chance against anyone in a playoff scenario, the problem is we don't get a chance at redemption.  At this point all we have to play for is pride.

We had dreams of a national championship for a couple weeks and at least for me that is something I never thought I would experience this year and I'm thankful for that.  Just because we didn't fulfill the high expectations we got caught up in doesn't mean the season is a failure.  It just means we have made a step forward but we aren't ready yet.  We are getting closer every year.

• Content Count:  85

for what its worth talent wise you are a top 15 team.  You guys just have to put it together.  You know that better than i do.

• Content Count:  3,403

for what its worth talent wise you are a top 15 team.  You guys just have to put it together.  You know that better than i do.

you'll never again say something so wise on this board.  quit while you're ahead.

It's a sad day when fans of other teams are defending our team more than "fans" on this board.  You guys are smoking crack if you think we're not a top-25 team, and we certainly will remain one this week.

• Content Count:  20

I hope this is all an overreaction.  We are fine.  Not fantastic, but fine.  We would all pay to be here four months ago.  We rock and will continue to do so...

• Content Count:  121

The BCS relies heavily on computer rankings as well.  With UF losing to UGA, that hurts Auburn, which inturn hurts USF for the win at Auburn.  Also, Rutgers getting blown out will hurt USF, but WVU beating them might balance it out.  I would say USF drops to around 25 in the BCS, depending on where the polls put USF.  BCS dreams are over, now what is this team made of will be the next question.  Finishing 10-2 would make for a great year in anyones eyes, but UL is still out there and so is Cincy.  This team could very easily finish 8-4, going 1-4 the last five games. 

The sad thing is, USF wasted a great defense as many of the team will not be back.  USF will not replace guys like your corners or your MLB.  Offensivly, never really was impressed.  Grothe is a great play maker when he gets outside the pocket, when forced to play QB from the pocket, he is average at best. 

Are we really still looking at BCS rankings and strength of schedule at this point.  We basically just need to take care of business on the field.  The BCS is now meaningless to USF.

Archived