• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Jenkins 40?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

was watching some hilites of the Buttgers game and i'm truly amazed at the 69 yard TD breakout play by Underwood...

not what Underwood did (of course), or how bad T-Mac missed the tackle...  but how u see Underwood full speed, balls to the wall basically burning Nate Allen and leaving him in the dust, then out of nowhere Mike Jenkins comes flying from the other side of the field at full speed to put a hand on him at the very end.

if there had been 10-15 more yards of field, Jenk would have brought him down.

that is sheer speed.

now Rivals and other sources list Jenkins as having a 40 somewhere in the 4.43 range...

but i can't believe he's not somewhere in the 4.30s at most.

anyone know what his 40 time is?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

Yea once I saw Underwood scampering away I thought oh crap. Then when I saw Jenkins closing in I yelled "JENKINS IS SO FAST", and everyone looked at me all crazy. It is between him and Chevis Jackson for best cover corners in the nation.

• Content Count:  1,037

He's definitely one of the fastest on the team. I think I saw that he ran a 4.41 somewhere.  I think when you're chasing someone down you can probably run a little faster though. Murphy (he's fast) also almost caught up to him.

definetely.  he will be impressive on the next level.

seeing him in coverage is one thing... i don't think there are any players in the country he can't pace step for step.

but seeing him come from nowhere at freakin Mach speed was something else.  dude is unreal.  it was like i was watching the hilites in fast forward.

• Content Count:  624

I noticed his tremendous speed during the West Virginia game (I think). Some player was running up the sideline and Jenk's closing speed on him was ridiculous. He forced the player to go out of bounds.

With that much speed shouldn't he be returning  punts or something? I would hate to see him returning punts in the NFL next year and think what could've been.  Many UM fans say they never utilized Devin Hester's full potential. Just a thought.

With that much speed shouldn't he be returning  punts or something? I would hate to see him returning punts in the NFL next year and think what could've been.  Many UM fans say they never utilized Devin Hester's full potential. Just a thought.

do u want to risk injury to Mike f'n Jenkins on returns?

• Content Count:  856

i would hope mike would be smart enough to know that returning kicks at usf would be a bad idea.  if im him, im thinking....lets see, im gonna be an instant millionaire here in about 6 months or so, so theres no way in hell im risking getting injured.  even if they asked him to return kicks, which they havent, i wouldnt think it was selfish of him at all to say no.

do u want to risk injury to Mike f'n Jenkins on returns?

No. But I would like someone with real speed returning punts. 160 lb Marcus Edwards seems to be able to keep himself healthy. It's not like they would catch Jenk anyway. . .     . . .he's too fast to get a clean shot on.

Archived