• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike Jenkins 40?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Is he faster then Colby?  I saw somewere that colby erskin ran a 4.2 but in a straight out race who is faster?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Jenkins chased down the Penn State "superspeedster" Justin King two years ago (I remember how the commentators kept going on and on how PSU recruited all this speed with King and Williams).  Also chased down Ben Olsen from Miami to cause a touchback.  The kid has flat out great straight line speed.  Which is the reason he is not returning kicks, he just is not that shifty.  KR and PR are as much about agility and quickness in a confined space as it is top end speed.

yup.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Also chased down Ben Olsen from Miami to cause a touchback. 

this is the play i remember....talk about speed.

however, it was Greg Olsen not Ben Olsen.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Also chased down Ben Olsen from Miami to cause a touchback. 

this is the play i remember....talk about speed.

however, it was Greg Olsen not Ben Olsen.

You want me to remember first and last names?  :)

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

i would hope mike would be smart enough to know that returning kicks at usf would be a bad idea.  if im him, im thinking....lets see, im gonna be an instant millionaire here in about 6 months or so, so theres no way in hell im risking getting injured.  even if they asked him to return kicks, which they havent, i wouldnt think it was selfish of him at all to say no.

Mike might be a good option to return the opening kickoff... but it's probably not a good idea to have your starting corner (who just got done running up and down the field on defense) to try to run back a punt, or god forbid a kickoff because the other team scored.  He just won't have the fresh legs that a return guy needs. 

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

i would hope mike would be smart enough to know that returning kicks at usf would be a bad idea.  if im him, im thinking....lets see, im gonna be an instant millionaire here in about 6 months or so, so theres no way in hell im risking getting injured.  even if they asked him to return kicks, which they havent, i wouldnt think it was selfish of him at all to say no.

Mike might be a good option to return the opening kickoff... but it's probably not a good idea to have your starting corner (who just got done running up and down the field on defense) to try to run back a punt, or god forbid a kickoff because the other team scored.  He just won't have the fresh legs that a return guy needs. 

Yeah,  thats what Deion Sanders used to say.  Why have the best CB in the country on PRs because he is tired.

My guess is that Jenkins probably cannot hold onto the ball on returns.  That makes him a liability.  Same with Gilliam.  Gilliam may not have the balls to be a return guy.

One thing about Amarri on PRs.  I think he ahs the same problem on pass routes.  He looks like he gets nervous when going over the middle.  It's worse on punts.  Amarri seems to only drop the ones over the middle.

Archived