• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Grothe sick?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,314
  • Days Won:  10

He is not sick, No he is sick, no he is not sick.  Ok, he is sick but not physically....

• Content Count:  377
  • Days Won:  0

He was sick with giveupasackitis  with a little dash of icanoutrunanyoneitis. But he's over it and will be fine for the rest of the year.

• Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

I'm sure a cup of deerblood from his huntin trip should cure it.

he must have had hunting on his mind when he took  all those unnecessary sacks for big losses

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Don't hang those sacks on Grothe with the way he played.  That was a direct result of the coaches not putting a player in the best position to perform.  Had they been calling quick slants and planned rollouts, those would have never happened.  Sitting him in the pocket play after play with full blitzes down after down with long developing routes was a no win.  We're lucky he wasn't blindsided and fumbled on numerous occasions when they were bringing morethan we could block.

I'd rather take a kid who gets sacked for a big loss than gets popped and drops the football like most QBs in college football.

Granted, he can improve on how many he takes, but I'm ok with a few of them as some of those are how the big plays happen as well. 

You can't neuter a dog and expect him to have the same fight and the same goes for scrambling QBs and all great football players.

If you really want to see what I mean, look at a typical game by Barry Sanders in his prime.  TONS of runs for LOSSES, but he also always had a few big ones and it all averaged out at the end of a game.

Archived