• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boston Red Sox vs. Colorado Rockies

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I think you should hate the teams that don't do it.

I've been a Red Sox fan since high school (1999) and have been a Rays supporter since I've moved to Tampa. I've been thinking about getting season tickets to the Rays... but, why? They don't want to win and I don't want to support a team that doesn't want to win. (by "they" I mean the front office).

The D-Rays have A LOT of young talent in the minors, but they don't (and probably won't) bring them up because they'll have to go into contract negotiation with them and start having to pay them Major (league) money.

The new Rays front office is still in a grace period. So far they haven't lost any of the young talent they HAVE brought up because of money. The next couple of years will tell the tale as far as them being serious about winning. They will never get to the point of spending like the northeast teams but they should get into the $50 and $60 million area where teams have had success..... and if the ONLY reason you're not buying tickets is you don't believe the FO wants to win, you should give them more of a chance.

I guess it's based on individual mentality but I think the process of going out and buying a championship sucks. One thing about the Lightning Cup win was that it was a team of no hired superstars, only drafted or reclamation projects. That made it a little more special .... to me anyway.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived