• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O-Coord fault for the loss

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

This will be my only thread on the Rutgers game. I have read many people stating CJL was outcoached but I place the blame on Grant Gregory.

Greg Schiano made an excellent adjustment the 2nd half which was basically blitz every down. Greg Gregory is directly to blame for sacks and lack of offense. Anyone who knows anything about football should have changed the play calling. If the LB and CB are constantly blitzing you call quick screens, slants, outside tosses. Last year that little screen to Randolph was our bread and butter.

I think that Gregory has done a good job with play calling this year. Many people have complained about it but I think many of the scores this year have been skewed because of dropped pass this year. But this game is directly on his shoulders.

Greg Schiano is the d-coord for Rutgers CJL is not the o-coord for us. Therefore I place blame on Gregory.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

That would be GREG Gregory.

Grant is the backup QB.

And I agree with you that he had a HUGE influence on the loss.

But I disagree with your point that he has been doing a good job prior to last week.

The offense (not just execution) has been rather pitiful just about all season.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Agree, it was the oc's fault, along with the head coach, the dc, the wide recievers, the kicker, the offensive line, the defensive line, the linebackers, the corners, the safties, the tight end, the running backs, the quarterback, and the waterboy.

I think they all did what they thought was best. It wasn't.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

Agree, it was the oc's fault, along with the head coach, the dc, the wide recievers, the kicker, the offensive line, the defensive line, the linebackers, the corners, the safties, the tight end, the running backs, the quarterback, and the waterboy.

I think they all did what they thought was best. It wasn't.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

YOU ANIMAL!  You leave the waterboy out of this loss!

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

TEAM game.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

... I place the blame on Grant Gregory.

He didn't even play or call plays.

• Content Count:  1,238

I blame the guy in Alaska who decided to wear a blue shirt instead of a green one.  ;D

A lot of blame to go around, heck I even blame myself for not being there. Let's see what takes place @ U-Conn.

Let's bring the "BOOM" and not the "GLOOM" or even the "DOOM".  I heard say the waterboy spiked the kool-aid.  ::)

• Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah sorry about that I meant the dad not the son. I agree it is a team game but much could have been done to allow Grothe a chance at bringing us back. But it is not the end we have the Big East ahead. The rest of the season will show what kind of character we have.

Regardless this season put USF on the football map. Finish Strong.

GO BULLS!!

• Content Count:  178

I am sure this is a reply to the most meaningless part of this thread, but waterboy is a sexist term. I'm not sure water-people is more appropriate, but I see males & females hydrating out athletes. Perhaps Hydration Engineers would be more appropriate. Fluid Dude is not good!

Archived