• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

will usf file an officail BE complaint?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

on the TD that was called back.

NO call was made on the field...they reviewed a "judgement" call THEN threw a flag

if that is allowed then ALL calls should be made that way...every catch or dropped pass should be review for pass interference

am I missing something?

IS this what instant replay was intended for?

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

IS this what instant replay was intended for?

YES!  For the millionth time!  It was a reviewable play.  I think they made the wrong call but there was nothing improper with the process.

Edit:  From one of the million other threads on the topic...

Big East's instant replay rules.

http://www.bigeast.org/fls/19400/pdfs/football/InstantReplay.pdf

From those rules, under "Reviewable Plays"

f. Illegal forward pass or illegal handling after change of possession.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

And Greg brings up the real issue... the replay official made an AWFUL call.  The ball was clearly jarred loose by the hit on McKenzie.

• Content Count:  385

And Greg brings up the real issue... the replay official made an AWFUL call.  The ball was clearly jarred loose by the hit on McKenzie.

The replay official should be FIRED. How do you overturn that call? Inexcusable.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

If I were in charge, I would file a complaint if for no other reason than to fix the problem of poor review work.  It is clear to me that the ball was loose after McKenzie tried to advance it.  It looks to me he may have been changing hands when the defender hit his right side.  You can clearly see on the network broadcast the ball was lose, before McKenzie's right arm (after being hit) "propelled" it forward unintentionally.  This is all from memory watching it live.  I didn't feel a need to review it.  A screwed up call indeed.  At first, I thought he intentionally pushed it forward, after seeing the replay I was sure he did not and that the play would stand.  Incredible.

• Content Count:  104

this is the call that was ruled "intentional"

give me a ******* break.  ::)

If the clip that you linked to is what the replay official based his call upon, then you are correct and it was a ******** call.  But what you linked to isn't what the call was based upon (you can verify that based upon where they spotted the ball after the block).  They based the call upon the initial "fumble" where we clearly scooped it up and tossed it forward.  It was essentially an illegal forward lateral (although it was a lateral to no one).

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Filing a complaint makes us look like crybabies and will make BigEast refs scrutinize oour games in an effort to get back at us. IMO, if USF would have finished the drive with a TD or FG we wouldn't be having this discussion.

USF lost b/c our special teams FINALLY cost us the big game we have all been predicting.

I'm on the fence whether this was a bad call or not, but I don't want us to delude ourselves about the lack of success we have moving the ball outside of Matt Grothe and the the terrible Special Teams that seems to plague our program.

I'm just ready to move on and kick ass against UCONN.

• Content Count:  218

oh ********, you guys tried to cheat every possible way and got caught several times including on this play.

Just take the loss and quit ********.

Archived