• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Which BE team would you consider to be our rival?...

Which game is bigger year-to-year?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

Which team do you get the feeling from that creates more of a rival atmosphere?...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

it will say Rutgers now, if you ask the week of the louisville game then Louisville would be our rival.

• Content Count:  40

I prefer rivalries with the consistent elite competition, so I say WVU. 

I would say Rutgers, but I think once Rice is done or if they cannot replace Teel then they will drop to a mediocre BE team.  Rice was awesome last night, Teel was horrible. Even with that though Schiano does a good job with a mediocre talent on defense.

• Content Count:  635

i like the idea of the Rutgers/USF rivalry, because both teams have a lot in common. but right now, it's USF/WVU.

• Content Count:  64

did i miss somthing...i think it has to be based on history and the fact that no matter where the schools are in the standings, they fans gets excited and players get pumped...every year...as far back as we can remember...and as far ahead as we can think ahead.

since we only have 10.5 years of history, i would say a team that came across from C-USA with us that draws the most excitment

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I know none of us are especially worried about Louisville this season after they lost to Syracuse. But if they hadn't slipped up a few times this season, they would remain our mortal enemies.

WVU is the team that is consistently the "biggest" game of the season each year, since they've got a long history of being a great team, and they've been ranked every time we've played them. In addition, they've been the highest ranked team we play since we joined the Big East.

Now, however, I have a new kind of feeling for Rutgers. Louisville is the team you look forward to embarassing if you can. WVU is the team you look forward to going toe-to-toe with and hopefully coming out with a win against. UCF is a team that we used to want to smack around on the field, but they are no longer worth it. Rutgers is now the team that I will hope we pick apart, wipe the floor with, steamroll, bitchslap, and outright pinch-while-in-the-pile, add-insult-to-injury, beat the tar out of. We didn't screw up their season last year, but they didn't return the favor; instead, they got dirty. [glow=red,2,300]This means war.[/glow]

• Content Count:  1,066

Just keeping this ontop...

• Content Count:  133

We need to play a few more seasons in the BE before we have a top rival. But WVU is shaping up nicely. As for Rutgers. Right now I don't even want to think about them.

• Content Count:  2,661

I'd love to see this poll broken down by age. Because South Florida Bulls fans d'un certain age have a seething hatred for all things Louisville.

First, UofL is USF's longest-running conference rivalry, going back to the Metro Conference and 1991-92. (UAB and UNC Charlotte go back to the 1970s, but ended when USF joined the Big East.)

Second, USF competes with Louisville a lot in recruiting. Louisville likes to scout the bay area, and other parts of Florida that USF also likes to recruit.

Third, Denny Crum. His constant complaints about USF basketball fans, and his long-standing attitude that South Florida didn't deserve to breathe Louisville's air made him the ultimate USF sports villain B.F. (before football). Not the USF basketball teams of the 1990s and 2000s have ever raised much of a counterargument on that point.

Archived