• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

outcoached.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

You might also notice that Rutgers was continually replacing their on-field players with fresh backups... in a concerted, deliberate, balanced manner. They had fresh guys in there constantly, and I think that's part of why Grothe was sacked 7 times.

Ironic because that is usually our way of playing fast, rested D.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

the refs said "we dont want you to get the chance to win and still be #2" with that offensive P.I. call.

Not to mention the illegal forward pass call on the blocked FG.  The more I see it/hear about it, it was not a forward pass.  If anything he was changing hands, got hit from behind and the ball was fumbled forward.  And then there was that ticky-tack late hit out of bounds call.

• Content Count:  282

They were unable to think of any way to stop the relentless blitzing when all I read leading up to the game was that due they would do?  How about outlet passes to the flat or slants?  How about HOT routes?  I am no football guru and even I can tell you how to hurt an opponent who blitzes all the time. Yes, we were outcoached. 

• Content Count:  8,174

They were unable to think of any way to stop the relentless blitzing when all I read leading up to the game was that due they would do?  How about outlet passes to the flat or slants?  How about HOT routes?  I am no football guru and even I can tell you how to hurt an opponent who blitzes all the time. Yes, we were outcoached. 

my point exactly.

• Content Count:  635

forget the fake field goals and punts, we didn't adjust at ALL at the half, and Rutgers did BIG time. 'nuff said.

• Content Count:  1,777

In some areas you can say we were out coached in others maybe we were out played.  Look at the stats:

USF / Rutgers

1st Downs 20 / 18

3rd down efficiency 2-14 /  6-16  (2 for 14 is not going to cut it, Rutgers converted some major 3rd down plays in the game)

4th down efficiency 0-1   / 2-2  (2 -2 Trick Play after trick play)

Schiano was willing to gamble and his gambles paid off.  In some instances it helps to be aggressive. Although Schiano left the middle of the field exposed to apply pressure to Grothem USF only took advantage of it a few times.  On two occaisions going to the middle reaped big benfits for the Bulls (pass to Hester for a TD and pass to Hill for the big play). I just can not figure out why USF did not go back to the middle of the field.  

Someone help me to understand. I need to sleep at night.  I live in NJ and will be terroized by this for another 2 years until USF comes back here and beats RU in Piscataway.

• Content Count:  1,911

Give the ball to Ray Rice 38 times, two trick plays that tricked us, blitz our qb all day with us not changing the game plan.  

thats the way to beat us, thats what their coach did.  I would say, yes, we were outcoached.  Even the top coaches get outcoached every once in a while.  

• Content Count:  743

ya, but how did we not see the fake FG coming? My whole table at Champs said ""Watch for the fake"

Even the fake punt I saw coming. Early in the game, decent place on the field, and other teams have shown they can have success against our special teams. The FG we were SCREAMING that a fake was coming.

Everyones right about defending the blitz of 6. Where are slants and screen plays? those 6 guys are immediately out of the play.

• Content Count:  8,174

Give the ball to Ray Rice 38 times, two trick plays that tricked us, blitz our qb all day with us not changing the game plan.  

thats the way to beat us, thats what their coach did.  I would say, yes, we were outcoached.  Even the top coaches get outcoached every once in a while.  

no doubt about that! CJL IS USF FOOTBALL. He is a phenominal coach and I was him to get the liffetime deal but its happens occasionally.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

were taken to school last night

team not prepared for first fake

than team not prepared for second fake

no adjustments to all that blitzing

no adjustment when rutgers rushed 2 lineman only-i only saw that when i was coaching pee wee football and my 5 guys were able to hold off 2 until a receiver got open-----WONDER WHY GROTHE COULDNT DO THAT!!!

Archived