• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

lets get the cheering right...and the colors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

1. Green is a bad color for day games.  I was in my #8 Green jersey and I was suffering -- I drank a ton of water during the game.  I can understand if people chose to wear white to be more comfortable.

2. It's hard to be really loud when you're up by a lot.  Seriously.  I stopped yelling at halftime.  No need, the can of whoop ass had been opened.

3. USF was louder when it counted.  During the first few UCF posessions, USF fans were far louder than UCF ever was.  And I sit in section 125, where visitors buy a lot of seats.  If USF is louder in my section, then USF was loud enough.

I'm with you Jim.  A bunch of us sit in section 124 and we were unruley loud.  And hats off to the south endzone.  I saw a lot more "older" people standing up and cheering for a good portion of the game.  Sit on offense and stand and yell on defense. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  136

I saw a few in the student section lose their energy before the game from all the pregame cheering they did...

It's rough during the day...

I do kinda wish that people who aren't planning on standing in the student section - how crazy is that anyways? - would sit in the back of the section. It's not cool to be in the 2nd row and have people behind you asking you to scoot to the side so they don't have to stand up... In the first quarter...

But I think most of the students did the best they could considering... I don't know what I would've done with a water and then a refill that I showered myself in... Rocky should carry a huge water gun and just hose everyone down during the 3rd quarter...

And we should try to play at 3:30 if we're playing a day game instead of noon... Even if it means having the Bucs logo on the field, I think most people would prefer it that way....

• Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

I wore green and chanted more than the cheerleaders.  :D

• Content Count:  261

1. Green is a bad color for day games.  I was in my #8 Green jersey and I was suffering -- I drank a ton of water during the game.  I can understand if people chose to wear white to be more comfortable.

2. It's hard to be really loud when you're up by a lot.  Seriously.  I stopped yelling at halftime.  No need, the can of whoop ass had been opened.

3. USF was louder when it counted.  During the first few UCF posessions, USF fans were far louder than UCF ever was.  And I sit in section 125, where visitors buy a lot of seats.  If USF is louder in my section, then USF was loud enough.

I sit at the top of 125 and we represented. I stopped making noise after the 20+ ucf fans left late in the 3rd.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Whine, whine, whine.  How about we worry about beating Rutgers this Thursday?

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Content Count:  348

The heat dang sure got to me.  I was only about 7 rows up in the student section and by half time I had to sit for nearly all of the remainder of the game, standing up just to cheer on a big play.  First time ever in 4 years ever sitting down.  I'm sunburnt as heck too.

• Content Count:  63

The heat deff pleayed a role. I stood up the entire game VS WVU no prob...but the heat drained me...another thing...when we're on defense..we should continue the cheer after the snap...we get SUPER loud...then the ball is snapped and it goes silent...kinda a waste imo

• Content Count:  1,894

yea of course it was hot but im in section 120,and nearly everyone was sitting down on defense,just something i noticed....but...it was hot so what..the players are in pads and uniform in green...so we cant do it with a shirt? anyway i agree if the score gets high to stop cheering,but the student section definitely kept it going even when it didnt matter and thats whats up

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Chadd... the noise needs to START WHEN THEY GET THE BALL AND NOT STOP TILL WE GET IT BACK.

If we're loud enough while they're in the huddle and then turn it up from there, we're doing our part.

Waiting until they get to the line the only thing we disrupt are check-offs.

I know it's tough, but get used to the afternoon games.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

Seriously it is no big deal to wear a green shirt to the game.  I am a total wimp about these sorts of things and I was able to wear a green shirt and be rowdy for the whole game.

Watching the UCF guys get crushed should be enough to cool you off in between plays.

Archived