• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #2 in AP poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure if this source is 100% credible.  Why wouldn't they have information on the coaches poll that is typically released earlier?  Also, do you really think WVU moves up to #5 without playing?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  159

I don't know if I trust the source ... there's nothing on ESPN for the AP poll and they are usually one of the first to get it. Neither they or CBS Sportsline has anything for AP so honestly I see this as nothing more than "unconfirmed" or "unofficial" at best. We will probably move up because the #1 & #2 teams lost, and yes we should be above BC at the least considering we have beaten TWO Top 25 teams and BC has beaten ... oh wait, that's right they haven't played a single Top 25 team.

Don't get me started on OSU ...

In any event, until I see it posted on a site I can trust, I'm holding out on a final say. I saw this listing in the WVU boards too but again I don't believe it until I see it officially.

• Content Count:  8

we should be above BC at the least considering we have beaten TWO Top 25 teams and BC has beaten ... oh wait, that's right they haven't played a single Top 25 team.

GT was #15 when we beat them. If we beat VT on 10/25 will you accept BC as a top team?

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

we should be above BC at the least considering we have beaten TWO Top 25 teams and BC has beaten ... oh wait, that's right they haven't played a single Top 25 team.

GT was #15 when we beat them. If we beat VT on 10/25 will you accept BC as a top team?

bc won't beat va tech, period. whats a bc fan doing on our message board anyways?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Rankings at the time don't count. Beating VaTech would be a quality win.

BC was just ranked high at the beginning and too many voters hate to admit they are wrong.

Go BULLS !!!

BC has a tough remaining schedule. They'll lose a game.

It's OSU I don't like - a cupcake schedule left. Just like the year before, they'll prance into the NC game on a pathetic SOS. But that's okay - I think LSU would probably have beaten us, but I like our chances against Ohio State...  ;D

OSU doesn't have a "cupcake" schedule...

10/20 Mich St 3:30 PM

10/27 at Penn State 8:00 PM

11/03 #19 Wisconsin TBD

11/10 #18 Illinois TBD

11/17 at Michigan TBD

The problem is USF and Hawaii are probably going to be the only two undefeated teams... which means 1-loss teams will get a hard look from the human pollsters -- so I could see LSU and Southern Cal ahead of USF if both win out from here... and that sucks.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

No problem with BC being up there, just not ahead of us. Where is Ga Tech now? We beat No. 5 WVU, and No. 14/17 Auburn (at Auburn where they hadn't lost a night game in like 3 years). According to this poll, WVU is back to No. 5, and AU is in the top 20 again. I just don't think you can actually justify BC as being ahead of us right now.

Again, I have no problems with you guys, but of the unbeatens, we have the best wins. No offense, but both Auburn and WVU would work you guys over in my opinion. Both have better defenses than you guys have seen all season. We actually have a better defense than both of them.

Good luck on Saturday (even though you know we will be pulling against you guys). I do like any non-traditional team making some noise.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Rankings at the time don't count.[/glow] Beating VaTech would be a quality win.

BC was just ranked high at the beginning and too many voters hate to admit they are wrong.

Go BULLS !!!

ET -- Rankings at the time DO count.  See USF-Auburn or USF-WVU.  Sure, Auburn and WVU are back in the polls now, but if we are gonna hang our hats on where they were when we beat them.  We have to let other teams do that, too.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

OSU doesn't have a "cupcake" schedule...

10/20 Mich St 3:30 PM

10/27 at Penn State 8:00 PM

11/03 #19 Wisconsin TBD

11/10 #18 Illinois TBD

11/17 at Michigan TBD

yeah, but they havent played ANY of those games yet...  so being ranked #1 at this point is ridiculous.

if UConn had won at Virginia, they would have had a similar schedule to OSU thus far.  bunch of cupcakes with one win over a 20-30 ranked team.

• Content Count:  406

BC beating a then #15 Georgia Tech means little to anyone, other than BC.  Georgia Tech's only "big win" is to a 1-6 Notre Dame team.  Have fun at Virginia Tech . . . GO HOKIES!

Archived