• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone Else See a Comparison

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

....with USF and Ohio State of years past?  I've noticed this for the past couple of weeks and I think its a pretty good comparison.  OSU has built their program under Tressel by having great defenses.  OSU is rarely out of any game because their D keeps them in every game.  USF to me, is the same way.  Our D has been the team's strength, including this year.  On offense, OSU is very vanilla and seems to do simply what they need to do to win.  They win ugly at times.  Every now and again they'll blow a team out, but not too much.  For USF, its the same story.  Nothing fancy, just move the chains and avoid turnovers to let our D win each game.

Personally I hate the Buckeyes, but the comparison is close. 

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I can agree. The biggest part about OSU is that they play very consistently. That is a strong point. I am a Michigan fan as well, but OSU is always a very good team. Which hopefully USF will soon become.

• Content Count:  2,363

Since I went to school in Baltimore and still have plenty of ties and friends there, some people I know were drawing the comparison with the 2000/2001 Ravens (the Super Bowl year).

• Content Count:  4,451

Since I went to school in Baltimore and still have plenty of ties and friends there, some people I know were drawing the comparison with the 2000/2001 Ravens (the Super Bowl year).

Grothe college skill compared to college skill > Dilfer pro skil compared to pro skill

• Content Count:  12,293

guys...this is the kinda stuff that gives our fans a bad rep.

comparing us to Ohio St?

i think the teams that Ohio St are a little higher caliber then what we've been playing.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I'm talking about the styles that we both play.  That is the comparison that I see.  I realize OSU has been a dominant player for a long time, but to say that they've played better teams this season is off base.  Here is who OSU has played:

Yougstown State

Akron

Washington

Northwestern

Minnesota

Purdue

They've played one extra game, but Purdue was the only ranked team that they've played/beat.  Purdue was #23.  Minnesota lost to FAU.  Washington has done some nice things but they aren't great either.  I think we've played a superior schedule to date.  Rezz, I'm surprised you brought this up. 

i wasnt talking about just this year.  i am talking about their games against texas, huge games every year vs michigan, big bowl games vs miami, etc.

i just dont want USF to be known for fans that win 2 games in sept vs ranked teams and think we are right up there with all the big boys.

we still need to finish out this season and win our bowl game to get respect.  gotta earn this kinda stuff and acting like you have it before you earn it can really leave sour grapes that would take a while to wash away.

• Content Count:  58

guys...this is the kinda stuff that gives our fans a bad rep.

comparing us to Ohio St?

i think the teams that Ohio St are a little higher caliber then what we've been playing.

wow....now you cant even compair USF's playing style to another team. This is getting a little ridiculous.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

i wasnt talking about just this year.  i am talking about their games against texas, huge games every year vs michigan, big bowl games vs miami, etc.

i just dont want USF to be known for fans that win 2 games in sept vs ranked teams and think we are right up there with all the big boys.

we still need to finish out this season and win our bowl game to get respect.  gotta earn this kinda stuff and acting like you have it before you earn it can really leave sour grapes that would take a while to wash away.

Rezz you sound like a Gator fan!!!  Doesn't matter what OSU has done in years past.  THIS YEAR, they have played nobody.  One ranked team, Purdue (which many people felt shouldn't have been ranked to begin with).  Come on...

trust me, im not a gator fan and im not trying to come down on joeb he knows that.

im just speaking in general, not about joe.

our fans have gotten to the point where we feel like we deserve all the respect in the world.

talking about how ESPN said this or that about us.  we still have a lot to prove.  and im loving every minute of it.

Archived