• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do we get to have Big East officials again this week?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  105
  • Days Won:  0

To answer the original question... this week's officials will be C-USA (the chain gang will be Big East).... last week's refs were Big East, but the chain gang is local guys supplied by the school so they represented the SunBelt

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

The chain crew is always local guys, so they wear the home conference vests.  They are ususally HS refs from the area and work soley for FAU.  Our chain crew has been doing our games for years.

• Content Count:  32

I sure hope so.  They helped out nicely with that bogus punt catch interference call late in the game Saturday.  I'm guess its going to be CUSA officials with the road team typically bringing the refs, but hoping we'll get our Big East.

Nice try uc-effer. It was not bogus. I was there and had about the same view the ref had, the guy was going at the receiver on his own, the bulls player was on him but didn't actually push him.

A legit call.

• Content Count:  1,757

To answer the original question... this week's officials will be C-USA (the chain gang will be Big East).... last week's refs were Big East, but the chain gang is local guys supplied by the school so they represented the SunBelt

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Content Count:  104

I sure hope so.  They helped out nicely with that bogus punt catch interference call late in the game Saturday.  I'm guess its going to be CUSA officials with the road team typically bringing the refs, but hoping we'll get our Big East.

Nice try uc-effer. It was not bogus. I was there and had about the same view the ref had, the guy was going at the receiver on his own, the bulls player was on him but didn't actually push him.

A legit call.

So you were at the stadium and saw it better than I did sitting in my living room in Memphis with multiple replays on ESPNU?  Yeah... ok.

Look, I'm not going to complain about the call because it likely gave us the game (who knows what would have happened otherwise, but its easy to see how it could have turned out real bad), but the FAU never even touched our guy.  We ran into our own guy and lucked out with that flag.  If it was a reviewable play, it most certainly would have gotten over turned.

Which, let me add, is one reason I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate instant replay as it is currently used in both college and the NFL (although college is better since they review every play).  Unless EVERYTHING is reviewable, then NOTHING should be reviewable.  I always figure that bad calls will even themselves out over the course of a game or season.  But if some of those bad calls are corrected, but others are left to stand because the play isn't reviewable, then that evening out doesn't happen.

• Content Count:  32

Well if it makes you feel better, I hope we don't need any reviews to beat you this weekend.

• Content Count:  104

Well if it makes you feel better, I hope we don't need any reviews to beat you this weekend.

Yeah, I didn't even bother to respond to that in your earlier post because the accusation is so asinine.  I've been around here FOREVER under a different screen name.  Yours seems to fit you.  Perhaps you're the pot referring to the kettle?

• Content Count:  132

First the call was horrible and quite possibly changed the outcome of the game.

Second, they were big east officials.

Third, they will be CUSA officials this weekend.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Fourth, the UCF fans can finally stop talking when we beat them by 40

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah, I didn't even bother to respond to that in your earlier post because the accusation is so asinine.  [glow=yellow,2,300]I've been around here FOREVER under a different screen name.[/glow]  Yours seems to fit you.  Perhaps you're the pot referring to the kettle?

Turkeysoup, is that you?

Archived