• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF BAD call with student tickets!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

i remember, i rolled up at 9AM with no line on the monday before the WVU game and got my student ticket.. however, the long lines were for the companion tickets.. when will this allotment of student tickets run out? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

Maybe the same day?

They're gonna hand out the extra tix that the other campuses didnt give away at 6pm tuesday. I will be in that line.

• Content Count:  1

I heard that they were doing a reward system to.....

• Content Count:  136

online lottery is the easiest way

I don't agree with that.

Someone that has been supporting the school for 3 yrs could be left out and someone that just came in and doesn't really care could get the ticket.  It's pretty unfair.

It would have to be weighted... Seniors and Juniors that want them get them... Sophomores would receive a percentage of the remainders, and freshman a smaller percentage... By everyone's 3rd year they are guaranteed a ticket, and the odds probably wouldn't be too bad for 2nd year... And of course everyone that signs up for the lottery wouldn't claim a ticket every week (they'd have to have something where people would have to claim them that week, maybe keeping the wristband idea) so the ones that didn't win the lotto could still probably get student seats to at least a couple games.

Of course this would mean no companion tickets, but I think it would be pretty fair to all involved... And maybe if a freshman buys season tickets or a game pack or something they'd be guaranteed student seats for the next year... Just winging it here...

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

We were going to stay down in Miami Saturday night after the game but that's not happening. I'd rather sleep in Sunday morning back here than travel 4 hours then wait in line for another 4 hours.

• Content Count:  32

Oh good to know as the person driving you that that is not happening. Cool. Thanks for the update on that one, buddy  :P

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

no matter what-- we should always have that student section -- the folks who graduate can start filling in the upper deck and lower bowl with their season tickets--- moving up like anyoen else--

but that north end zone-- we need to keep that a student section

Not sure about the lottery system. I guess it might work but if you have to wait in a line to get the tickets, maybe you are showing that you deserve to get the tickets in the first place. Sure-- it wastes some time. But is there any other way to make it fair to those who really care?

• Content Count:  1,165

no matter what-- we should always have that student section -- the folks who graduate can start filling in the upper deck and lower bowl with their season tickets--- moving up like anyoen else--

but that north end zone-- we need to keep that a student section

Not sure about the lottery system. I guess it might work but if you have to wait in a line to get the tickets, maybe you are showing that you deserve to get the tickets in the first place. Sure-- it wastes some time. But is there any other way to make it fair to those who really care?

But how is that fair to those who care who CANT camp out?  It's not going to be fair to everybody any way, so if it's going to be unfair, youp may as well make it easier on people

• Content Count:  98

That is a shame...how many students are making the trip?  is it not possible to return Saturday night?

Game starts at 3:30, even if it runs late and ends at 7... drive is 3 and a half hours.... im doing it.

I live in FTL so did the opposite drive for the WV Game. I think we got in around 4am after the game :)

• Content Count:  1,457

Maybe a bit of academic punnishment?  Reason:  I heard 200+ students stormed through the gate to gain entry into the stadium at WVA game. 

Archived