• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Capogna will play Friday

jac86

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

I didnt see this posted anywhere...This is good news, because now Jake can move over to guard his natural position.

By Gregg Becnel/Tribune correspondent

Published: September 26, 2007

TAMPA University of South Florida C Nick Capogna, who suffered a left knee injury early in the season opener and missed the Bulls' past two games, will play Friday against No. 5 West Virginia, Coach Jim Leavitt said.

It wasn't known whether Capogna will start, but his return gives USF more flexibility in its substitution system. Capogna's availability allows Jake Griffin, who has played center the past 2½ games, to return to his left guard position.

• Content Count:  1,532

Good, Kick can protect our (as he calls him) "china doll."  Not that Matt is one...

• Content Count:  86

I wouldn't be doing my screen name justice if I didn't mention that Nicky is from the C-C-C!! Welcome back Nick!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

On a related note, what is the status on Chris Robinson?  He has seen some action, but clearly not 100%.  What have you heard or read?

• Content Count:  1,297

On a related note, what is the status on Chris Robinson?  He has seen some action, but clearly not 100%.  What have you heard or read?

Last I heard coach say was that it wasn't so much his injury.......yeah, he's still not 100%......but he says it's because of the talent in front of him.  I wish I had a link or an article.....but I don't.......but I know I heard/read coach saying this.  Can someone help me out on the source?

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Last I heard coach say was that it wasn't so much his injury.......yeah, he's still not 100%......but he says it's because of the talent in front of him.  I wish I had a link or an article.....but I don't.......but I know I heard/read coach saying this.  Can someone help me out on the source?

Yeah, I read this about Robinson the other day.  he is physically able to go, but the guys in front of him at both LB and DE have been playing well.  Leavitt mentioned that the month or so he missed allowed those other guys to get in front of him.

The bigger question for me is what's up with Mark Dile?  He only played a few series the other day and then didn't return.  Was he just being rested or was he hurt?  I haven't seen any mention about him.  Carnes is a liability if he is in there for more than a few plays. 

• Content Count:  3,403

I believe Greg suggested C-Rob might play some DE opposite Selvie, but I guess we'll see.

• Content Count:  5,691

Wouldn't be surprised to see him up on the d line a little more this game if he is healthy...speed kills

• Content Count:  349

Great news! But I do have to say that Griffin has done a pretty good job filling in for Copogna!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Good news!  GO GO  NICKO !!  I also heard Tolly went under the knife recently, I hope he's doing better as well...   

Archived