• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Tampa sports town sucks!!!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I think this game ... and especially the WVU game will seal the deal on many new fans.

Start saving now as I expect renewals to be sooner than last year.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

Its b/c Florida has to many sports teams, we have like 12 college football teams, 5 pro football teams, 2 pro baseball teams, 2 pro hockey teams, and more crap i don't want to think of. People have so many choices to choose from on what to spend their money on. USF is still to young to draw from the FSU UM and UF fanbase. Give it a BE championship and 3 straight winning season of 9+ wins and we will draw 50K+ every game. And as for the rain i enjoyed it

• Content Count:  1,812

Tampa is no more bandwagon than any other large city with plenty to do.

There have always been only 2 things I cared about in relation to attendance and they are:

1) The amount of season tickets sold; we are over 20,000 which is great and headed in the right direction.

2) The amount of students that go to the game; this is the most I have ever seen at a game for USF at home.

I think as long as these 2 things keep going up than the crowd will follow IMO

I can list the reasons people did not show for the game but it would not make a difference; some people like to complain and the game was well played and left little to complain about so the whinny crowd will have to go to to the old standbys. I had trouble focusing on this game and found my self just waiting for Friday.

I think it will be neat if we spend the 6 days before our biggest game ever complaining about the same crap that is complained about all summer long ;)

• Content Count:  635

there's also going to be a lot of people who just prefer to watch it on TV over going to the game live.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I think this game ... and especially the WVU game will seal the deal on many new fans.

Start saving now as I expect renewals to be sooner than last year.

Go BULLS !!!

true--- for example.....

During the game-- my buddy JK called me several times. I couldn't hear him and talked to him later.

He was trying to lock down buying a set of my season tickets for the rest of the year. He was worried that he might miss out.

I set him up for the rest of the year.

• Content Count:  1,386

Tampa is no more bandwagon than any other large city with plenty to do.

There have always been only 2 things I cared about in relation to attendance and they are:

1) The amount of season tickets sold; we are over 20,000 which is great and headed in the right direction.

2) The amount of students that go to the game; this is the most I have ever seen at a game for USF at home.

I think as long as these 2 things keep going up than the crowd will follow IMO

I can list the reasons people did not show for the game but it would not make a difference; some people like to complain and the game was well played and left little to complain about so the whinny crowd will have to go to to the old standbys. I had trouble focusing on this game and found my self just waiting for Friday.

I think it will be neat if we spend the 6 days before our biggest game ever complaining about the same crap that is complained about all summer long ;)

What he said!  ;D

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  3,403

This is the best time ever for USF football and yet somehow people are complaining about everything.  We had a higher attendance today than any game last year and a top 5 home attendance ever.  We will have our first sell out next Friday.  What the hell is the problem?

• Content Count:  12,293

and you guys thought the noon kickoff wasnt going to hurt attendence?

im not saying a 7pm kickoff means the upper deck is full but the lower bowl would atleast of been full.

we need to keep as many 7pm kickoffs as possible. 

• Content Count:  3,403

and you guys thought the noon kickoff wasnt going to hurt attendence?

im not saying a 7pm kickoff means the upper deck is full but the lower bowl would atleast of been full.

we need to keep as many 7pm kickoffs as possible. 

Unless it's not on TV.  It was a top 5 attendance for us!  What the hell is the problem?

It is clearly improving.  Winning = higher attendance.

• Content Count:  12,293

Unless it's not on TV.  It was a top 5 attendance for us!  What the hell is the problem?

It is clearly improving.  Winning = higher attendance.

no way that game was top 5 in attendance....

i think the combination of the Noon start time, expected bad weather, and easy alternative (on ESPN) probably kept some casual fans away.  Not too mention all the families that enjoy nightgames as an evening out but have other obligations during the day.  pop warner football, cheerleading, etc. 

i wish we would keep as many 7pm kickoffs as possible. 

Archived