• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slow down...

Joe

You are right. That slippped my mind.

Regardless UNC has [glow=yellow,2,300]a pretty good rush defense[/glow] and still are a team we should be talking about. We have 5 days to discuss WVU, our attendance for it, and possible rankings

???  ???  ???  ???  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

So they allowed a UVa RB to run for 186 yards... ECU simply didn't run the ball (400 yards passing, who needed to)... and James Madison ran for 150 yards in the first game...

Grothe, Williams, Ford, Taylor, and Samuels will have a field day... I predict more than 200 yards rushing as a team.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

Players looking past teams is a problem, obviously, but fans looking past is another thing entirely. Since we have no effect on the game (or to be more specific, our looking past a team has no effect on a game), there's nothing wrong with fans looking past them.

It's like Elon. No way our played should have looked past that game (I'm not saying they DID look past it, though my words came out like that), but almost all of our fans were looking past them to Auburn, and there wasn't anything wrong with that.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I concur with the thoughts and sentiments here.  The fans/rooters/alumni, etc. can look ahead if they want to, and who is going to say no?  However, CJL and his staff are the people in charge.  Does anyone doubt that he will have the guys focused on the business at hamd..beating UNC?  I don't think so!

We have to support the team by our presence at Ray Jay Saturday.  Friday night is still a long ways off (now that we've gotten past the bye week)!

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Remember UConn 2005. ..

This isn't the 2005 Bulls team.  Moffitt, Jenkins, Williams, Jackson, Johnson and Edwards all starting and/or seeing significant playing time as sophomores/freshman.  Oh and don't forget MG red shirting.  ;D

• Content Count:  4,016

I am old school like Joe, and hate looking ahead because the downer on this board could be dramatic if UNC finds a win.  That UNC team is talented and they will pull an upset this year mark my words, let's just hope it's not on Saturday.

Also remember if the fans are talking about it so are the players.  I've been there before, players don't live in a box and not read the papers, or are oblivious to reality.  They know what is looming next week, and they know they're ranked and UNC is not.  In their mind, potentially, they could think they're just better skilled wise then UNC...that's partially true but the margin is slim at best and which is why it will take a typical grind it out style Leavitt game to win this one.  We are not so far skilled like some teams where we can even take an unranked team likely let alone one as talented as UNC.  To make matters worse the players mentality could be more focused on that WVU game, again not so good.

We must take care of business, we must take care of business.  Although Leavitt teams, at home, with big crowds that are energized have typically been very difficult to beat and it's taken dog fights for the opponents to pull out victories like Rutgers last year, TCU, and UAB in 2003, WVU 2005, and USM and Army in 2004....only Memphis and Pitt at the end of the 2004 season did any teams come in and stick it to us at home, EVER, and if some knew that 2004 was an anomalous year and during those games four starters were kicked off and numerous guys had given up and Kravitz was going through cancer issues....

Those two games aside, every opponent that's come to Tampa has had to engage in an absolute dogfight to win.  Is a young UNC team up to such a task?  I don't know but take this into account, the only two teams that have beaten us at home in the past two years were ranked opponents, Rutgers, and WVU, and both games came down to the fourth quarter, and both were 10 win teams that finished in the top 14 that season.  If UNC wins tomorrow they're going to be playing some serious ball.

• Content Count:  4,016

Oh, p.s. every team that has won at RayJay since 2003 has been a bowl team too with the exception of Army.

Archived