• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who was wearing Jersey #18 last night?

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Taylor would be a possible choice for punt returns.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

May want to give Denson a shot. He showed some good hands catching a ball over the middle and then getting popped pretty good and hanging on ...

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

My biggest question is this... If there are so many studs in the barn at Running Back why not let one of tem do punts?  Hell I think Ben Williams might be a good one?  He may be a bit slower but I really like the mental game he brings!

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Hello??? . . . Taurus Johnson!

Who is the biggest home run threat on the team?

Who knows how to get upfield when he catches the ball?

Who makes people miss?

Who has great acceleration with the ball?

Who has great hands?

Who understands how to play the game and the situations?

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

May want to give Denson a shot. He showed some good hands catching a ball over the middle and then getting popped pretty good and hanging on ...

I like the idea of Denson back there, if he can catch the punts.  I think he has the perfect combination of size, quickness, and burst of speed to be successful back there.  First and foremost, you gotta have someone that protects the ball (during the catch, and then during the return), after that you look for quickness and the ability to make people miss.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, that #18 missed too many passes, dropped a punt, and also failed to catch a punt.  Amari- I think you tried to make too much happen...  Sorry to single out one player, but I really expected bigger things from him.   Maybe it was just a tough night for him, but I would hold some open auditions for punt returner.   I hate to single one player out, and I have no problem with one mistake, but Amari  had too many mistakes for a Senior.

Everyone needs to start understanding how selfish of a player he really is.  He is a great person, but on the field, all he wants to do is watch himself on sportscenter.  If you feel that dopped punt was an abberation, check the UNC game last year.  As far as I am concerned, I would be happy if he doesn't see another down as a Bull.  He literally refuses to protect the football.  I feel more confident with TJ, Carlton Mitchell, Marcus Edwards, and Jason Sherman.

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Y'all are being too rough on Amarri.  He has poor ball security and is not suited for punt rturner IMO, but does have some skills.  I hope he just had a bad game.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Y'all are being too rough on Amarri.  He has poor ball security and is not suited for punt rturner IMO, but does have some skills.  I hope he just had a bad game.

He had 3 or 4 bad plays in my opinion, but it wasn't a bad game entirely.  Lets count them up.  First the dropped pass to start the game.  Next was the bomb on the sideline that slipped thru his fingers, a really tough catch, but still catchable.  Third, he misread a punt (mental error more than anything else).  And fourth, he had a fumbled punt.

He also had two really good plays.  First a crossing pattern that went for about 15 yards.  Second, his TD catch he showed good hands and made a nice cutback to get in the endzone (nice block from Denson). 

If we're going to point fingers, lets be accurate about it.  I don't like him back for punts, but he is valuable as a Receiver.  And you can pretty much thank him for getting Mike Ford to come to USF.  So I'll give him a pass right now. 

Archived