• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who was wearing Jersey #18 last night?

T-Man

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, that #18 missed too many passes, dropped a punt, and also failed to catch a punt.  Amari- I think you tried to make too much happen...  Sorry to single out one player, but I really expected bigger things from him.  Maybe it was just a tough night for him, but I would hold some open auditions for punt returner.  I hate to single one player out, and I have no problem with one mistake, but Amari  had too many mistakes for a Senior.

• Content Count:  19,229

Hester dropped quite a few passes too.

• Content Count:  9,038

Where was the Louisville Amarri?!?!

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, that #18 missed too many passes, dropped a punt, and also failed to catch a punt.  Amari- I think you tried to make too much happen...  Sorry to single out one player, but I really expected bigger things from him.   Maybe it was just a tough night for him, but I would hold some open auditions for punt returner.   I hate to single one player out, and I have no problem with one mistake, but Amari  had too many mistakes for a Senior.

#18 should never return another punt at USF. He stunk as a punt returner in a limited role last year, and he showed it again last night. #18 shows a fear of the ball, and a fear of getting hit. A punt returner needs to be agressive on the ball, and gets to make one move and get going up field. #18 wants to dance around like he is still in high school. I could go on but will stop for now. Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  919

I blame Leavitt for having Amarri return punts.  You guys are right on the money.  My biggest complaint about Amarri is the way he carries the ball.  Terrible ball security.  I can't believe the coaches have not corrected this - he got away with the fumble because of a penalty. 

Taurus Johnson should return punts.  His speed, acceleration, and elusiveness would be perfect for this role.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Wow, that #18 missed too many passes, dropped a punt, and also failed to catch a punt.  Amari- I think you tried to make too much happen...  Sorry to single out one player, but I really expected bigger things from him.   Maybe it was just a tough night for him, but I would hold some open auditions for punt returner.   I hate to single one player out, and I have no problem with one mistake, but Amari  had too many mistakes for a Senior.

#18 should never return another punt at USF. He stunk as a punt returner in a limited role last year, and he showed it again last night. #18 shows a fear of the ball, and a fear of getting hit. A punt returner needs to be agressive on the ball, and gets to make one move and get going up field. #18 wants to dance around like he is still in high school. I could go on but will stop for now. Go Bulls!!

Totally agree.  Amarri is too lanky to be returning punts.  Need a smaller type guy that has quick moves and make people miss.  Amarri can't do any of that, plus his ball security is terrible, and he doesn't receive the ball well.  We gotta have a better guy than him, don't we??

• Content Count:  1,334

Wow, that #18 missed too many passes, dropped a punt, and also failed to catch a punt.  Amari- I think you tried to make too much happen...  Sorry to single out one player, but I really expected bigger things from him.  Maybe it was just a tough night for him, but I would hold some open auditions for punt returner.  I hate to single one player out, and I have no problem with one mistake, but Amari  had too many mistakes for a Senior.

Totally agree.  Amarri is too lanky to be returning punts.  Need a smaller type guy that has quick moves and make people miss.  Amarri can't do any of that, plus his ball security is terrible, and he doesn't receive the ball well.  We gotta have a better guy than him, don't we??

There have been good kick/punt returners that were "lanky".  Randy Moss didn't exactly suck, for example.  That said, Amari hasn't shown any of that sort of promise returning punts, and I only HOPE we have someone on the roster that can do it better.  If not, I'll settle for someone who fields it every time.

• Content Count:  3,574

Totally agree.  Amarri is too lanky to be returning punts.  Need a smaller type guy that has quick moves and make people miss. 

Ding ding ding... we have a winner!

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Amarri has lived on the reputation of his game against UL for three years.  Tremendous athlete.  Mediocre football player at best.  I guess he is always a threat to make a big play, but we need someone to make the consistent plays when they are needed.  I have never ben overly impressed with Jackson.

Archived