• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Channelside Tonight at 6 p.m.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

bear in mind that some folks went to the Bucs preseason game-- and it was a pretty decent game imo.

Jim Louk said on more than one occasion: "We are close to selling out the lower bowl for WVU"...

Now, he was pimping the season tickets... (as we have here all summer)... but he made a point to say that if you want to see the WVU game and not sit in the upper deck, you probably need to get your season tickets now...

It was really great to hear that....

Athletics did a GREAT job with Bulls Bash ... just as they did wit Bulls Fan Fest.  I think part of the issue was scheduling...

1) MikeG pointed out the last meaningless preseason Bucs game...

2) I also think the 6:00pm start time affected people in traffic, as the crowd seems to build steadily from 6 to 7...

3) Having Fan Fest a few days before gave a lot of people their Bulls "fix" (... while for some it was like a bell to Pavlov's dogs)...

4) With Round-Up on campus I don't think I saw any students at Channelside who weren't working the event in one way or another...

These are not criticisms by any means... the place was decorated with USF flags... green and gold balloons... BullsHeaven was selling merchandise... most of the crowd was decked out in their Bulls pride... And it was great to see Coach Leavitt's show... he seemed to be quite relaxed, even joked with Louk and Mark Robinson (CJL was in a suit, the others were dressed "Bulls casual")...

I hope they do another one of these later this year... perhaps the Thursday before the Louisville game?? it had a very pep-rally feel to it, that is for sure...

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Great summary of the event Jim. I think it was great to have a portion of the herd of thunder out there as well. It really had a bit of a pep rally feel to it, I just wish more folks could have made it out.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

The turnout was ok but it coulda been huge...  I saw just about everyone I expected to see, and it was good to meet some of the Penners out there (you know who you are...) 

• Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

We had a good time!!!  It felt like a high school pep rally before Friday night's big game!!!  (A very good thing!)  I would DEFINITELY like to see this happen AGAIN before another game!!!!!!!  And maybe have it a continuing tradition each year!!!  GOOD JOB ATHLETICS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

well the radio show will happen each week probably from the same location. Maybe not with the same level of fan fare of course-- but it's a weekly occurance during football and hoops season.

wish I could have gone to both events

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

They need to do a pep rally the night before the Louisville game.  Get 8 or 9000 USF fans/students in the Sun Dome rocking out and practicing some cheers.  I've been to a few Notre Dame pep rallys in the past, and nothing gets you more pumped than being back on campus with all of the hardcore fans.

Archived