• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dumbest post about USF ever???

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

what's even more dumb is seeing the UCiF fans stirring the pot in a thread that has no UCiF mention.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I think Tennessee would beat USF if they played this year... but come on, they lost to VANDERBILT a couple years ago.

Also I wasn't aware that you could whoop someone's ass (to paraphrase that guy) 13-7.

• Content Count:  958

UCif is jealous of us, which is why they hack into any thread involving USF...

Vols fans are obviously concerened, we do after all have a better team than they do now, though we have nothing when it comes to tradition, we have definately have a better team.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

That guy should tell Tennessee's AD to give USF a call if he's so confident. And compared to staring down 110,000 people in Knoxville, playing at West Virginia or Louisville would be a walk in the park.

Of course, Fulmer seems to turn into a quivering pile of goo when he reaches the Florida state line (see all those horrible losses to the Gators), so maybe that won't happen.

• Content Count:  1,797

I love how he fails to mention that most of those 10 losses occurred when we were I-AA or in our first few years of I-A existence, AND that most (if not all) happened on the road.  Does anyone think we would lose to Baylor, Kentucky, et al at home with this team now?

Sounds like Mr. Vol is hearing the rumble of the Bulls stampede and it is causing him to wet himself.

Normal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I prefer to think of it this way---

OK-- our new challenge is to beat a bunch of OOC teams to reverse that stat. Then they can say something else and we'll attack that perceived weakness. Not that they are impacting our behavior-- but after a while, just like the Hofstra fans or the Georgia Southern fans or the Southern Miss fans--- etc etc-- they will learn to respect our team.

It's just a matter of time (like all things Bull)

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

OK-- our new challenge is to beat a bunch of OOC teams to reverse that stat. Then they can say something else and we'll attack that perceived weakness. Not that they are impacting our behavior-- but after a while, just like the Hofstra fans or the Georgia Southern fans or the Southern Miss fans--- etc etc-- they will learn to respect our team.

I was thinking the exact same thing as MikeG on this thread. Didn't we hear the exact same thing from Southern Miss fans? The fact that a UT fan is talking about us, trying to discredit us shows how far we have come. Years ago when I spoke about the Bulls, SEC fans were like ... who? Obviously that has changed. Now if we were to beat Southern Miss, everybody is like, oh that's only some little CUSA school. Hey if UT wants to schedule a 1 and 1, and give us a shot, I say bring it on.

• Content Count:  3,574

Where's my buddy, RockyTop?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I was thinking the exact same thing as MikeG on this thread. Didn't we hear the exact same thing from Southern Miss fans? The fact that a UT fan is talking about us, trying to discredit us shows how far we have come. Years ago when I spoke about the Bulls, SEC fans were like ... who? Obviously that has changed. Now if we were to beat Southern Miss, everybody is like, oh that's only some little CUSA school. Hey if UT wants to schedule a 1 and 1, and give us a shot, I say bring it on.

I'm not sure we can really justify requesting a home and home date with an SEC top tier school at this point. Those bog boys have capacities far exceeding what RJS can hold for starters. Yeah, I know we are getting all of them here to travel-- but the gate is the big area of concern. That is why they covet the homes games as much as they do and are willing (and quite capable) of making the huge payday for a visiting team.

Now if we were to suggest Home and Home games with schools like Kentucky and the smaller stadium/football fanbase type SEC teams-- that might fly.

It seems like a simply matter of economics. We can put our foot down all we want and demand the home and home deal-- but there is little in it for the other guys since they can pay a school that is willing to grab a payday only game to fill out that schedule.

This can change of course-- and yes-- I realize that mighty Texas is coming to UCF. I'm just saying that the very large schools with near or above 100K game day crowds are a hard sell until beating us is that important to them.

So if we can win more and become that ranked road opponent-- our value as a home and home becomes more readily apparent. We can still pulll them off with some teams-- Miami for example-- because they don't sell out the stadium as it is on a regular basis. UT does not have that problem whatsoever and neither do any of those top tier programs football programs in the SEC as a general rule.

someday my friend-- someday- we will get there

Archived