• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ford-Rivals.com Top 10 freshman

Found an old article on Alabama...

http://www.tidesports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051122/BONE1/511220361

Alabama running back commitment Mike Ford was ranked the 35th-best back in the country by Scout.com, but after a stellar performance at Hargrave Military Academy this fall, Ford’s ranking jumped to No. 19 on the list. Ford informed TideSports.com last week that he will arrive in Tuscaloosa in December. Scout.com’s four-star back had an outstanding season and said, “My stats here at Hargrave were impressive even to myself. I had 70 carries for over 900 yards. We are national champions here at Hargrave. Thanks to my coaches and players."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

For all those who do not think Jamar Taylor is not a big deal, he was the #25 back this past year.  Hopefully they both pan out.

• Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Can Ford come in and have any impact like CJ Spiller did last yr?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,660
  • Days Won:  29

YES !

• Content Count:  431

Alabama running back commitment Mike Ford was ranked the 35th-best back in the country by Scout.com, but after a stellar performance at Hargrave Military Academy this fall, Ford’s ranking jumped to No. 19 on the list. Ford informed TideSports.com last week that he will arrive in Tuscaloosa in December. Scout.com’s four-star back had an outstanding season and said, “My stats here at Hargrave were impressive even to myself. I had 70 carries for over 900 yards. We are national champions here at Hargrave. Thanks to my coaches and players."

How can someone rack up almost 3,000 yards with eleven consecutive 200+ yard games in div. 5A HS football and not be ranked higher than 35?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Mike Ford = beast.

• Content Count:  4,501

How can someone rack up almost 3,000 yards with eleven consecutive 200+ yard games in div. 5A HS football and not be ranked higher than 35?

And do it in Florida.  Good question.

• Content Count:  75

Mike Ford = beast.

So far, the only "b" Mike ford equals is "bench" or "back-up" or "booted".  He needs to get his stuff together before I can become a fan.  Curious to see what kind of reports come out about his conditioning and summer workout results as practices get going. Oh :o  and there is that little naggy thing called academics to worry about. 

Its so frustrating seeing these guys lack the discipline to reach their potential.  I think we are in for a great season, but my gut tells me Ford won't be the reason.  Hopefully, he proves me wrong.

George Selvie=Beast ;)

Archived