• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are we better than Cincinatti?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

I do believe we will win this game, but we can not for one minute take the bearcats lightly.

DB's need to be on their game.

Hopefully our plethora of RB's this season will mature into well balanced offense that can move the ball against an, at times, stubborn Cincy defense.

I have to agree strongly here... I see Cinci has being a player for a the 3-5th spots in the Big East. I doubt they will finish below 5th and they certainly are a threat to finished 3rd or 4th. They will still be a tough game for us, and we certainly should not take them lightly at all.

• Content Count:  172

Being concerned about the Bearcats is right on. All of our games against them have been tough. Even the win in 2005. The score was lopsided, but we made a few third and longs, and fourth downs to keep drives going. The game turned on an interception returned for TD, by I think D'juan Brown.

Last years game was much closer than the score indicated. We were down 2-0 and going in for a touchdown on the opening drive of the second half, when we fell apart inside the ten yard line. We score on that drive and we probably win 7-2. The turning point was the fumble return for a touchdown by UC.

The bottom line is this will be another close game, with a critical play or two that determines the winner. I think we will make those plays this year and get the win, but this will be a good game, that will not get the publicity of some of our other games, because the Bearcats have not been embraced by the media like other BE teams. Rest assured the Bearcats are a solid team, not to be taken lightly.

Go Bulls!!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Wow, that Cincinnati game was as bad as it gets last year.  Good thing we were the only thing on TV at the time too!

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We beat ourselves in that game last year with turnovers. I don't see that happening again this season.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Until the final three minutes of the game we only had 150 yards of total offense, it was much more than turnovers that lost it, although they were crucial.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Very well written and argued. However, he fails to mention that Cinci has a new coach, while ours is stying put for a long time. That's why people aren't going to hype Cinci.

As for the question...are we better than Cincinnati?

Yes.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My opinion is that we are better than UC this year.  A lot of people don't give UC as much creit as they deserve last year.  I believe they were as good, if not a better team than we were last year.

That was a great defensive battle last year.  In my opinion that game was lost because we were completely outcoached.  D'antonio destroyed Smith in the game within the game.  there were a lot of times in that game where we came up 1 or 2 yards short on 3rd down plays.  

All in all we still had many chances in that game, but we made a lot of stuipid coaching mistakes.  You don't run your 170 pound walk on RB from the endzone.  All year long in that same position we let Grothe keep it and get some brreathing room.  When the game is still in contention you don't run a fake punt from own 26 yard line.  They eren't really moving the ball much better than we were up to that point.

I don't believe were so much outplayed in that game, but rather outcoached.  I also believe we grew up after that game and we were a different team after that.

• Content Count:  919

Cincy deserves respect, but this year's game will be different at Ray Jay.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the home team win this game every year.  The Programs are close.

Archived