• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

Just to play devils advocate....

....November 26, 2005 @ Storrs, Connecticut The same was said before then, and now we have nightmares.

Yeah, I garuntee it will be snowing or there will be snow on the ground. This game is going to be COLD!  I hope the Florida boys can handle it, but we'll see.

I would not put  any Money  down of that Guarantee of snow ,  I live here in the Pittsburgh and went to  the WVU game last season, it was quite pleasant for that game...I loved the outcome of the game as well

• Content Count:  7,890

....November 26, 2005 @ Storrs, Connecticut The same was said before then, and now we have nightmares.

The same can be said about the Army game. I think everyone said we where going to destroy them.

GOD I hated that game  :Duh :Bang :cry2

• Content Count:  698

Don't do this to me...I was at that game, and was going to cry until I realized that if I did the tears would freeze to my face.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Weather may be a factor in the Pitt game, but I don't think that will make a difference.  USF has to be able to win their away games.  That has been a problem for the team in the past.  This year, we have the advantage of having UL and WVU at home, which helps.  If we win the away games we are expected to win, we will be in great shape.  We have a QB we can count on, and some running backs available now.  Makes a big difference, I believe.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I would not put  any Money  down of that Guarantee of snow ,  I live here in the Pittsburgh and went to  the WVU game last season, it was quite pleasant for that game...I loved the outcome of the game as well

It wouldn't surprise me if this turned into a night game for TV, in which case you can guarantee it will at least be colder than Florida fans are used to.

• Content Count:  1,180

JOEB, I meant what I said, I just wasn't clear. We destroyed Pitt last year. "New Thought"- Two years ago we only had Hall, last year we only had Grothe. This year, we will have a good QB and RB. You are correct tho, we did get beaten badly by Pitt 2 years ago. With that said, I'm a die hard fan and a student at the school, re-read the post before you tell me Im wrong.

• Content Count:  400

i think weather will play a part in the rutgers game too.. last time we went up there (NJ), it was unusually warm for that time of the month..

.. we better start learning how to win in the cold.. otherwise, we could very well be cursed like the buccaneers.

• Content Count:  2,016

You guys are putting too much emphasis on the weather, USF has only played 3 times in temperatures below 40.  During the UConn game the receivers were open but the QB wasn't hitting them with the passes.  Terry Bowden (on national TV) was wondering what PJ was looking out"There are receivers open on every play, he's just not throwing to them."  During the Cinci game MG was throwing high.  I blame this on the training staff, in cold temperatures bruises and bumps hurt more and MG was overthrowing receivers because he didn't follow through with his motion because his foot was hurting, once again the game was theere for the taking.  In Louisville we just got outplayed.

As for the Bucs, they were just a bad team, period.  I remember the days of Speed limit 55 Bucs 10.  As bad as they played last year, they were that bad every year from 1976 to 1998.

• Content Count:  1,180

I think there is one key point here. Now, I am only going back two years (since playing in Big East). We had a heck of a running back in Andre Hall and no QB. I loved Pat Julmiste for not LOSING our bowl game, but come on, he couldnt hit an open wide receiver for anything. Last year, we had Grothe but no RB. Ponton was suspended for a while, and was a so-so back to begin with. I love Ben Williams for what HE did in the Bowl Game, but again, Ben Williams is not exactly an amazing RB. From what I have both heard and seen, about half of the incoming/returning RB(Plancher, Ford, Samuels,......) all look like they will be more capable then Williams/Ponton. With that said, this is the first year we will be a duel-offensive threat. This offense cannot be compared to others, and it will most definitely be something to be seen!!! Go Bulls!!!

Archived