• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How come no one talks about Cincy?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

with the exception of their Pitt game, their only losses last yr came to teams in the top 11.  They had some pretty quality wins against us and Rutgers last year.. could they be another darkhorse in the Big East?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sprtsfn627

Could be...but they got a new coach.  I think that is why most people are discounting them.  They have the talent to be a darkhorse though.

• Content Count:  385

Most of the reviews have them as a dark horse, kind of behind us.  The new coach hurts, but they still have a pretty good team.  They could be a trap game for us if we start off strong.  The thing about us is that every game we are supposed to win is a trap game.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they need to build on last year

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It's amazing how a new coach hurts Cincy and yet Louisville will keep on trucking in the minds of most people.

That being said, I don't foresee it happening. Dantonio was a great defensive coach and got the most out of it. Kelly is a good offensive mind, but I just don't see him as a very good D-IA coach. He had a good chance to beat Boston College and from his own 15 with a hot QB ran a swinging ladder that was intercepted.

I see Cincy improving merely because their schedule weak, the only formidable opponent OOC is Oregon State. Even that might be a stretch because Oregon State is replacing their whole offense, which was what made them good last year. Marshall is young and probably a year away, Miami (OH) is going to be aweful in what should be another rebuilding year. San Diego State has talent, and a good offensive minded coach. Plus the game is at SDSU, so it could be an upset.

Just looking through the schedule I see Cincy as a 7-5 team losing a game or 2 that they shouldn't.

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

That is why I love how the BIG EAST is setting up. It seems like most of the teams in the BIG EAST are not easy to beat which is a good thing. Syracuse and Pitt wont be down for long. Pitt is going to be in good shape with all those highly ranked recruiting classes coming in. If Wanstadt cant win at Pitt then someone will come in and start to win. It is important for USF to keep on winning to make sure we stay atop of the BIG EAST because someone will have to finish last, and it better not be USF.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

There's nothing sexy about Cincy.  Never has and never will.  They might be decent at 7-5, but its not as sexy of a team as USF or Rutgers.

• Content Count:  549

There's nothing sexy about Cincy.  Never has and never will.  They might be decent at 7-5, but its not as sexy of a team as USF or Rutgers.

I think Cincinnati is very erotic.  There's nothing as hot as an industrial mid-western city, to me.

• Content Count:  937

That is why I love how the BIG EAST is setting up. It seems like most of the teams in the BIG EAST are not easy to beat which is a good thing. Syracuse and Pitt wont be down for long. Pitt is going to be in good shape with all those highly ranked recruiting classes coming in. If Wanstadt cant win at Pitt then someone will come in and start to win. It is important for USF to keep on winning to make sure we stay atop of the BIG EAST because someone will have to finish last, and it better not be USF.

Anyone can win the big east... no one is Great, we are all just good. It really scares the crap out of me.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Cincy has never won at RJS, and I don't think this is the year.  Sorry, but I am just not that worried about Cincy this year.

Archived