• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rays Bulpen...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

This bulpen is so terrible!!!!!!  If we had at least a MEDIOCRE bulpen the Rays would be at .500 or better!  This team can be a contender NEXT YEAR if they got a decent bulpen.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

SSDD

The bullpen is horrible. It's sickening to watch so many blown games in the 8th and 9th. I can't even count the number of times I've seen the bullpen have 2 outs and give up 3+ runs, or have an 0-2 lead on a batter and walk him.

What's with the offense? They can't seem to score after the 5th. The bats seem to fall asleep. Like yesterday, in the 8th, we stranded two because we couldn't hit.

Now we're back in the basement. So frustrating to watch.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

SSDD

The bullpen is horrible. It's sickening to watch so many blown games in the 8th and 9th. I can't even count the number of times I've seen the bullpen have 2 outs and give up 3+ runs, or have an 0-2 lead on a batter and walk him.

What's with the offense? They can't seem to score after the 5th. The bats seem to fall asleep. Like yesterday, in the 8th, we stranded two because we couldn't hit.

Now we're back in the basement. So frustrating to watch.

Admittedly the pen ain't great but that game last night should never have been that close .... but it will be nice when the last piece of the puzzle (bullpen) falls into place and they win games like that. They have won some this year where the pen has bailed them out but they have been few and far between...

• Content Count:  2,719

I have to agree with you guys.  This year, again, has been frustrating.  We finally get a decent rotation and the bullpen is so minor league. Maddon either needs to get some balls and send the entire bullpen to the minors or be fired. 

Maddon doesn't make that decision.  He's only doing what he can with what he has.

Although, Fossum should never pitch again because he's the worst.

And we have another.  Way to go shawn camp, nice walk-off to lose another game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Bright spot is that Jackson has had, I think, 3 good outings in a row. Maybe we're seeing why they keep sticking with him....

Yeah, the starters are all 25 or under and improving all the time.  I just don't see any improvement with our AAA bulpen.

• Content Count:  1,911

Bright spot is that Jackson has had, I think, 3 good outings in a row. Maybe we're seeing why they keep sticking with him....

3 good outings in a row?  The guy won his 1st game in 2 years the other night and you accept them "sticking" with him.  Now i know why you stood tall next to your cousin Mac, when is enough...enough??  The Kansas City Royals would have sent htis guy down by now.  I try so hard to attend games and root for the drays but they make it so hard.   

hmmm, we have lots of hitting and ZERO bullpen, maybe we should try making trades?  they won't

• Content Count:  2,719

3 good outings in a row?  The guy won his 1st game in 2 years the other night and you accept them "sticking" with him.  Now i know why you stood tall next to your cousin Mac, when is enough...enough??  The Kansas City Royals would have sent this guy down by now.  I try so hard to attend games and root for the drays but they make it so hard.   

hmmm, we have lots of hitting and ZERO bullpen, maybe we should try making trades?  they won't

I actually agree with you Herm.  It is very hard to attend games almost knowing what the outcome will be.  Even Shields is in a slump.  That is not good for the starting rotation.  Jackson should have been sent down when he started 0-5.  Or maybe let him try his arm as a middle reliever.  He sure as heck isn't a starter.  But then again, most of our pitchers are major league quality pitchers.

Archived