• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is ex-LSU 6-10' CMagnum Rolle thinking about USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I dont know, a kid who hasnt proven anything yet.  avg 3 points and 3 rebounds in 2 years.  schools he shares interests with arent too impressive.  Is this a guy we even want?  

i would say the nba is out of the question as of yet for magnum.  

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

His points can be directly contributed to his role.  He was a backup for Big Baby Davis and Tyrus Thomas.

He would be getting tons of PT this year as Thomas left last year and Davis this year.

We landed Gransberry because of all the depth LSU had at center/PF.

Gransberry's numbers at LSU were worse than Rolles, and I don't see anyone complaining that we should have taken him because of the numbers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

I dont know, a kid who hasnt proven anything yet.  avg 3 points and 3 rebounds in 2 years.  schools he shares interests with arent too impressive.  Is this a guy we even want?  

I'm not too concerned about his lack of stats while there but the schools mentioned along with us were a bit disconcerting.... until I read Greg's column where he talked with Magnum's high school coach and I feel a little better ..... sorta (see highlight).  :-/

-- It's still early in the game. His high school coach from the Bahamas, Darrell Sears, gave me the following schools, in order: USF, Louisiana Tech (where LSU assistant Nikita Johnson is now), Delaware, Wyoming, Marshall, Oral Roberts. He clicks over to the other line, comes back, says to add Fresno State to the list. Sears' main knowledge of USF is from former USF assistant Frank Burnell, who signed some of his players while at Daytona Beach Community College and has remained a friend. Still, Rolle knows Stan Heath from a summer he spent playing AAU ball with the Arkansas Wings in Little Rock, so there's an existing familiarity beyond just Heath's Arkansas teams playing LSU four times in the past two seasons. Seems like an odd list of schools, but it's mostly schools where Sears sees someone he trusts. As for the lack of major-college options, take this comment from Sears however you want: "[highlight]We don't want to hear from big schools[/highlight]. We've seen that before."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Content Count:  1,433

Under previous regimes, I wouldn't have expected us to land this guy BUT for some reason I think Stan will land him.  Go Bulls....

• Content Count:  10,219

get him in ifhe becomes gransberry-like we will be solid.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Rolle is damaged goods. I'd pass and focus on getting a really talented kid out of high school.

Archived