• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBSsportsline: Heath wrongfully fired.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10144910

It is a little odd he was fired with a top 25 group going into next season and turning around a mess of a program when he got there.  This writer may be on to something.  

Either way, We got an absolute steal with Heath.  Im not making bold predictions like JoeBulls, but we may see some vast improvements within a year or two.  

article is giving heath deserved props

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

This thread needs to be split and part moved to the Mad Cow to discuss the overall absurdity of the article.

This thread needs to be split and part moved to the Mad Cow to discuss the overall absurdity of the article.

i was honeslty going to put it there or the general sports forum, but I like what the writer had to say about Heath.  

plus if you go to www.cbssportsline.com the story is on the front page with a picture of Heath.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

plus if you go to www.cbssportsline.com the story is on the front page with a picture of Heath.  

Ridiculous ..... except for the CSH aspect.   ;)

I'm so sick of these articles. Good lord.

• Content Count:  12,293

that line he says about the Ole Miss QB and their daughters bringing him home for Christmas is alot more accurate then you might want to think.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea, either way you look at it, you can twist anything around that you want.  they use what the other white coaches in the SEC have done as an example but its clear that those schools are bball crazy like the 3 schools that lost coaches.

the whole topic is over hyped.

• Content Count:  6,928

It is great to have hope and be a BULL.............

• Content Count:  1,260

I know this will get moved to the madcow lounge...but you can't read that article and not have an opinion.

Certain portions of that article are clearly inflammatory, but I don't find the premise of the article totally out of left field. Like it or not, Tampa/Florida is alot more diverse and tolerant than what is the real "deep south", so maybe our perspective is a bit different. Historically speaking, that portion of the country has earned a bit more scrutiny on the subject matter. Nobody is saying that the firings were purely racially motivated...but it does draw attention to the elephant in the room. When the success of your sport is hingent on wins/losses as well as making the tournament and the coach is still fired...then the average fan has a right to question the motivations in the least. Unfortunately, we don't live in an ideologically perfect world... and this will continue to be an issue especially in underrepresented industries such as coaching.

Although we need to be careful of a full-blown "witchhunt" without substance, I think the question in these specific instances deserve to at least be asked. Unfortunately, these portions of the country haven't yet earned their pass. At any rate, it has worked out well for us...we've gotten ourselves one helluva coach.

Archived