• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium Tradition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

New stadium tradition: All hot girls wear bikini tops.

The end.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  478

Alright, so I extended my research of why no one wears GREEN to our games. This is a group on the popular community, FACEBOOK.com. Started by none other than frats and soWhorities....

Group Info Name: On Game Days........it's ties and sun dresses!

Type: Common Interest - Beliefs & Causes

Description: All right everyone it's time to step up your inner Frat! We're greek there for we know about life ;) Let's show it! On game days keep it classy w/ ties and sun dresses. I know USF isn't the most fratastic school but here's a good place to make a start!....One small step! So I hope to see everyone rocking those croakies, boat shoes, sun dresses and peals! See you all at the tailgate....YOU STAY CLASSY USF!

Contact Info Email: apardun@mail.usf.edu

Office: VP of Recuitment "Looking for Class"

P.S. This further proves that they don't give 2 craps about our school.

no offense - but ALL the southern schools do this. Tampa as a city (not to mention that WE ARE IN THE SOUTH no less)- has a long long long southern tradition. (its not my fault a bunch of yankees and boca people keep moving there).  

Anyway I just want to say that dressing up  IS  a form of school pride.

your comment just proves you don't know much about this. Not that I claim to know about everything or that matter, but I do know a hell of a lot about FL history and tampa history and I can tell you that when when my MOTHER was in college at U of Tampa some 30 years ago- dressing up for football games was normal a way of showing respect for your school.

I will post some pics of sorority women at USF who continue the dressing up tradition AND show respect AND pride in their school.

Not that you have to go out and buy a tie or anything- but at least they look cute and classy. I sincerely hope you carry yourself with the same respect that these ladies do. And no i am not talking about the drunk or slutty ones- I mean the women who come to football games, have fun and look respectable. I can't say that for everyone I have seen at Bulls games. My father was appalled at the amt of drunken debauchery he saw from men HIS age when we went to a game together last October against UCONN.  These "men" and I use the term loosely - were wearing your precious green- but throwing up outside the stadium. That doesnt look to great either.

Think about it.

I am not trying to pick a fight with you or anything - but just cause you wear green doesn't make you a true fan. Not does it make you a classy fan. For the sake of argument I am going to assume you are not a slob so don't take this as a personal attack against you. I hope I am not wrong.  

• Content Count:  295

its not your fault a bunch of yankees and boca people moved here??? well belle it is a good thing i am a gentleman or i would tell you that you can kiss my northern you know what or mabye you dont...and i am assuming you are not a Slut so please dont take this as a personal attack against you...as always Go Bulls

all i was saying was that boca and the northeasterners dont get the whole dressing up thing. I was not trying to offend you. I like people from the northeast and boca. I just dont like it whe people get mad at what they don't understand. thats all.  You dont have to resort to name calling. I really wasnt trying to call you names. Just trying to point out your error. thats all. and your comment towards me makes no sense- i see what you were trying to do - but it didnt work. sorry.

And I really don't mean to sound condescending but I am very very proud of my southern heritage and when I see someone or a group of people who really don't understand the history behind this - I get a little testy. I know I am beating a dead horse, but a strong fan base (not at the alumni level) but at the undergraduate level begins with student activities. statistically-- the most involved students are those involved in greek organizations. they are often you student government reps, student body presidents and "faces" of the university. Sure you get a lot of dingbats and idiots. But trust me, there are A LOT of dingbats and idiots at every college and it doesnt matter if they are greek or not. i teach college students at a major research university (big 10) -  so I kind of have some experience with this kind of thing. All I am saying is - if people want to continue a tradition (not start one mind you) that has been going on BEFORE YOU WERE BORN, don't hate. At least you have a viable fan base that will come to games no matter what. You might not like what they are wearing - but those kids will come gameday come rain or shine- win or loss.

So leave em alone. Let them do their thing.

Thats all I am saying. Again, please don't think I am mean. I am just traditional and I am really proud of my heritage. I was raised to dress up for football games!!!!  Look at my screenname for goodness sake!!!!  

and one more thing-- if kids want to wear bikinis (green) to the games - go for it!  I think it would be a great marketing tool. we've got some cute people that go to school down there- show em off. it might not be very P.C. of me to say that - but look -- its hot - especially the day games. If you don't want to wear a green shirt or a green tie or whatever -- it makes sense.....  

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

i say we start with everyone wearing GREEN

This would be a great idea.  I get sick of seeing UM, UF and FSU shirts.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I always have a Red Bull and Vodka before the USF game. It gets me amped up for kickoff.

Just knowing I will see the BULLS amps me up.

:GoBulls

• Content Count:  400

and one more thing-- if kids want to wear bikinis (green) to the games - go for it!  I think it would be a great marketing tool. we've got some cute people that go to school down there- show em off. it might not be very P.C. of me to say that - but look -- its hot - especially the day games. If you don't want to wear a green shirt or a green tie or whatever -- it makes sense.....  

i'd rather our girls dress up in bikinis than dresses.. let's try to be DIFFERENT, instead of following other schools like auburn, ole miss, bama, uga, etc.. Tampa is far from the Deep South, so why are we trying to be like the bible belt schools of the SEC?  Tampa is a transient city and a melting pot of people from the North, Midwest, and Westcoast.. as well as the south.  USF students are a reflection of that.  If you've ever been to Auburn, UGA, UT, you'd be able to tell the difference.  Take pride in what we are.  Besides, we can start our own tradition of girls in bikini's in the middle of a December game.  Hell, sterger was half-naked at the FSU games and Doak gets more publicity than those stupid-ass SEC schools with their frat boys/sorority girls wavin' their pom poms.

just imagine, stands filled with girls wearing green bikini tops...  8-)  How's that for a little South in your Mouth?

i'd rather our girls dress up in bikinis than dresses..   Besides, we can start our own tradition of girls in bikini's in the middle of a December game.  Hell, sterger was half-naked at the FSU games and Doak gets more publicity than those stupid-ass SEC schools with their frat boys/sorority girls wavin' their pom poms.

just imagine, stands filled with girls wearing green bikini tops...  8-)  How's that for a little South in your Mouth?

so what are ya'll waitin for? Start a group.  8-)

but remember the golden rule of the bikini: Lycra is a privilege not a right.  ;D

Archived