• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium Tradition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

How about

"Alpha Beta's Ew Ah - Alpha Beta's Ew Ah - Alpha Beta's Ew Ah"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

The idea would work fine if we all sat in the same area... which, we don't. So, I doubt it would work that well. Maybe the board could start a new non-chant tradition... but, a chant would be difficult.

Cow bells? I really don't understand the logic in that. We're not cows.

• Content Count:  2,726

Cow/Bull...same thing...lol

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I think the 'tradition' when after the game everyone is leaving the stadium chanting as they walk down the student entrance/exit (especially with the echo). It would be really nice to see a parade/march up the ramp before the game just like the one after the game.

Just say no to cow bells!

• Content Count:  341

thats a good idea with the red bull idea!

Which Idea?  The drink or the chant?  I say the drink...

Instead of learning new chants, why dont we learn what we already have?  How many people on here can honestly say they know the fight song and alma mater by memory?  They are just now starting to have the band and cheerleaders memorize them(the band sings it sometimes too).  I know leavitt makes the team learn the alma mater.  Also, there are other great cheers and hand gestures/dances that HOT Band throws out...but if no one trys to learn it then there is no point.  The only cheers that seem to be catching on are the "#8 chant"(or the bull, you know, when you wave your Bull hands in the air?)  and the bridge to the fight song...S-O-U-T-H  F-L-O-R-I-D-A South Fl...you know the rest!  

Lets get out their and actively listen to our great Band for new cheers(for everyone) and dances(for student section and select alum ;)).  

But, I guess red bull is good too...lol

GO BULLS!!!

i have a tshirt with the words for the fight song on it...does that count?.....and i know the alma mater because i was in the usf choir...but at games i don't sing it because people look at me weird for knowing all the words....

thats a good idea with the red bull idea!

Which Idea?  The drink or the chant?  I say the drink...

Instead of learning new chants, why dont we learn what we already have?  How many people on here can honestly say they know the fight song and alma mater by memory?  They are just now starting to have the band and cheerleaders memorize them(the band sings it sometimes too).  I know leavitt makes the team learn the alma mater.  Also, there are other great cheers and hand gestures/dances that HOT Band throws out...but if no one trys to learn it then there is no point.  The only cheers that seem to be catching on are the "#8 chant"(or the bull, you know, when you wave your Bull hands in the air?)  and the bridge to the fight song...S-O-U-T-H  F-L-O-R-I-D-A South Fl...you know the rest!  

Lets get out their and actively listen to our great Band for new cheers(for everyone) and dances(for student section and select alum ;)).  

But, I guess red bull is good too...lol

GO BULLS!!!

i know the alma mater because i was in the usf choir...but at games i don't sing it because people look at me weird for knowing all the words....

Theres another problem folks...

Lets face the facts people...ITS A COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME!!! You are allowed to have dangerously high amounts of pride for USF and the team!!!  Instead of starting new cheers, we(on this board) should LEAD the rest of our uninformed fans, instead of FOLLOWING their lackadaisical approach.  

GO BULLS!!!

1 - I don't get the Red Bull idea... when our colors are Green and Gold...  and on 3rd downs, it's better to scream and yell as loud as possible than try to get a chant going.

2 - I agree that we should learn the words to the USF fight song.  And can we please stop with the "S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A" chant without the fight song.  It's... well... it's dumb as a chant.  USF- USF- USF is far far better.

3 - KT, I know all the words to the alma mater, too -- I have for 17 yrs now, and I sing them all the time.  If I get funny looks, I figure its because people are embarrased because they don't know the words.

4 - JoeBulls, I guess you must be a Tri-Lam.

5 - And I can never have enough cow bell.  You can bet mine will be ringing nice and loud at the games.

• Content Count:  1,911

4 - JoeBulls, I guess you must be a Tri-Lam.

hinkleberger is notorious for dating all of the Omega moo's

• Content Count:  16,474
  • Days Won:  43

I always have a Red Bull and Vodka before the USF game. It gets me amped up for kickoff.

I always have a Red Bull and Vodka before the USF game. It gets me amped up for kickoff.

Sounds good to me... :o

Tri-Lambs eh?  Didnt know we had a chapter of that at USF...  ;)

Archived