• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

D-Rays finally a respectable team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Is this the year the D Rays finally get off the schneid.  Am I the only one seeing great young talent on this team.  I mean Crawford, Baldelli, Upton, Young, Dukes, Kazmir are all very good to great young talent.  I can foresee this team becoming good in a hurry.  Like the early 90s Cleveland Indians teams that were bad so long, but developed great young talent like Belle, Lofton, and Manny Ramirez.  They got good fast, and I think this rays team could get good fast.  Or am I overly optomistic.  

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

i hope your right

obviously we are not a team loaded with power, but with solid pitching we can definately win some ball games.

Nice to have sellout crowd tonight, hopefully it continues to happen...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Tonight was fun but the bull pen imploded again.  Until the rays get a bull pen they will be stuck in the drudges of the division.  

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I disagree, I think you will see surprising power from the rays.  6 homers so far in 3 games.  Crawford, Baldelli, Dukes, Young, Gomes, Wigginton all have 20-30 HR power.  Upton and the guy from Japan that I won't misspell may have power too.  The power will be spread our between several players.

I don't live in Tampa any more, haven't been to the trop in a long while.  How did the trop go from 42 to 38K, did they take out 4 K seats.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

It's only 3 games but the contribution from guys who weren't here at this time last year is a good sign .... As already mentioned, key will be relief pitching ut, early on at least, it looks like if we have to outscore people, we have the weapons.

• Content Count:  958

I disagree, I think you will see surprising power from the rays.  6 homers so far in 3 games.  Crawford, Baldelli, Dukes, Young, Gomes, Wigginton all have 20-30 HR power.  Upton and the guy from Japan that I won't misspell may have power too.  The power will be spread our between several players.

I don't live in Tampa any more, haven't been to the trop in a long while.  How did the trop go from 42 to 38K, did they take out 4 K seats.

the renovated the stadium last year before the season, and took about about 4k seats...

go rays!

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They usually sell out every opening day, so I'm not sure it's an attendance swing just yet.

However, respectable? By Devil Ray standards, yes.

Toronto and Baltimore have just as much fire power and some better pitching than the Rays, so it will be a tough year to climb.

I'm not gonna hold my breath, but with the Yankees core aging and Baltimore ready to rebuild again, the next few seasons might be nice.

• Content Count:  1,911

I have been to every opening day home gam for the drays for about the last 5 years.  And last night was the most packed i have ever sseen the trop.  

As for being a respectable team, i would say the hitters and starters are respectable, but there is a saying in baseball.  You are only as strong as your relief pitchers and I will once again say my slogan line for the devil rays.  

Ahhh they'll blow it in the ninth.  

though they won it in the 9th last night  , on offense though.  

• Content Count:  12,293

we need to get some of the guys in the minors up here to  be in the Pen.  or trade for a decent mid level starter and move fossum into the bullpen.

• Content Count:  1,260

Wake me up when we get to .500.  ::) Someday...someday....

If this team were to ever become good, this area would go nuts. Until then it's sad...we look for ANY sign to care....give us ANYTHING!!

Archived