• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watching the D-Rays on tv and.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

I think its so appropriate that you say that, given that just a few posts above, I said:

Businesses (by and large) are loyal to one thing only: Profit.  If UF is what sells, thats what the radio station will advertise.  In my personal opinion, its the modern take on the world's "oldest profession," if you catch my drift.

Now go eat your cookie

Don't tell me to go eat my cookie.  You're the one who created a post and is crying about it.  Maybe you need to eat cookie.  While you're at it, go have a warm glass of milk and go to bed.  By the way you're acting tonight, it's past your bedtime.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  808

Don't tell me to go eat my cookie.  You're the one who created a post and is crying about it.  Maybe you need to eat cookie.  While you're at it, go have a warm glass of milk and go to bed.  By the way you're acting tonight, it's past your bedtime.

Not crying about anything, just pointing out the reasons I think UF has a larger fan base than USF.

But, please remind me some other time to tell you my feelings on people who live in this country that advertise for other countries.. .  ;)

Im on board with you brother.

I simply don't understand it. Well actually, I do understand it. I just don't like it.

Are there really that many more UF graduates than USF graduates out there to drive the market towards UF? Doubt it.  USF graduated its first class in, what, 1960?  Given that the average college grad is 22 years old, that means that members of the first ever USF graduating class are in or approaching their 70's. My point is that the fact that USF has only been around for the last half century is somewhat a moot point when comparing alum numbers.  Sure, Florida has way more considering they've been around since the 19th century, but it ain't like those guys are buying tickets these days.

Actually... there are around 25,000 University of Florida*alumni in the Tampa Bay area... and around 90,000 University of SOUTH Florida alumni...

HOWEVER...

There are far far far more Gators fans in the Bay area than Bulls fans... so the leading sports radio station plays what gets them the most listeners.

This WILL change in the future.

* I read this figure in an article when the Gators went to the BCS National Championship Game in January.

• Content Count:  12,293

OT....what a GREAT d-rays game!!!!

This WILL change in the future.

I think so too.

Not crying about anything, just pointing out the reasons I think UF has a larger fan base than USF.

But, please remind me some other time to tell you my feelings on people who live in this country that advertise for other countries.. .  ;)

Whatever.  This is Gator Country and until we actually accomplish anything, it will remain that way.  It doesnt make me any less of a fan.  For you, I suggest you quit complaining about UF invading our media market.

Atlanta is Bulldog Country (even with GT in the middle and having won a national title in 1990) and Nashville is UT Country (even with Vandy right there).  That's just the way it is.  Stop crying.  :'(

• Content Count:  12,293

^^^^^

good point,

but i still hate the gators.

Whatever.  This is Gator Country and until we actually accomplish anything, it will remain that way.  It doesnt make me any less of a fan.  For you, I suggest you quit complaining about UF invading our media market.

Atlanta is Bulldog Country (even with GT in the middle and having won a national title in 1990) and Nashville is UT Country (even with Vandy right there).  That's just the way it is.  Stop crying.  :'(

Nope, I'll never quit complaining about UF invading our market. It doesn't have to be that way. It's that way because fans accept it.  

Nope, I'll never quit complaining about UF invading our market. It doesn't have to be that way. It's that way because fans accept it.  

You're like a baby.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Our fans can complain all the want but until there are more or just as many of them as UF fans it wont make a difference.  OR until USF can offer WDAE more $$$$$$ than UF for a deal.  Your complaining will change nothing.   It sucks that there is such a strong UF contingent here but they have had football for way longer than us and it will take years to win over the area by winning over young fans by getting more meaningful wins like conference championships, BCS bowl wins, or a national championship.  We are not in the stage of our development yet where we can truly make Tampa bulls country.  

Archived