• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NOW I AM MAD..... THE ORACLE IS A RAG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Here were my submitted comments. (Although I didnt submit them until 2:30pm...so who knows when they'll show up)

I think Mr. Toro hits a key point.  You must consider USF's unique situation to understand why it's so wrong to wear other schools' gear here.

Of course, she herself admits that "if she is not working," she'll attend a USF-UF football game. For any of you who have sacrificed the time, money, etc to, say, go to a bowl game...this comment should make you sick to your stomach. What a defining game that will be for the University! This game is scheduled 4 years in advance, and yet she might find herself working?

Bottom line -- apples and oranges. I don't think she's necessarily a gator bandwagoneer. She simply doesnt care. She's not a fan. Her University holds little or no real place in her heart. She doesn't speak our language. And that's why, when she reads these comments, she'll think WE'RE the ones who are irrational.

That's ok. The small contingent of "true" USF fans is growing and our future is bright. Go Bulls!

Do her comments make her a bad person? No. Do I think she has ill intentions toward the school? No. I simply think she's ignorant about what USF is trying to accomplish and how the multitudes of students wearing non-USF gear is contrary to those goals.

For those of you brainwashing your kids into USF fans -- right on!  My only thought on it is that if they choose not to attend USF or cant attend for whatever reason, that I would hope they would choose not to disrespect the school they do attend by wearing USF stuff on campus. (Much in the same way that none of us want to see UF stuff on our campus).

I'll tell ya -- the worst though is seeing Gator stuff DURING bulls games. That pains my very soul.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

[smiley=FIREdevil.gif]

I replied... waiting for approval.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I think Mr. Toro hits a key point.  

Mr. Toro? ha. I like it. Anyways, I had to counter her point that people in other schools do the same. That's a weak argument when you are talking about someone doing the same in UF, FSU, WVU, etc. Ours is almost like a grassroots movement to get this community behind us.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

Does her dad wear USF stuff to work and such because his daughter goes to USF?  It's only fair...lol!

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

I think Mr. Toro hits a key point.  

Mr. Toro? ha. I like it. Anyways, I had to counter her point that people in other schools do the same. That's a weak argument when you are talking about someone doing the same in UF, FSU, WVU, etc. Ours is almost like a grassroots movement to get this community behind us.

Sorry, I guess Mr. is a demotion ;)   Will stick to Don from now on

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Does her dad wear USF stuff to work and such because his daughter goes to USF?  It's only fair...lol!

good point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Here were my submitted comments. (Although I didnt submit them until 2:30pm...so who knows when they'll show up)

I think Mr. Toro hits a key point.  You must consider USF's unique situation to understand why it's so wrong to wear other schools' gear here.

Of course, she herself admits that "if she is not working," she'll attend a USF-UF football game. For any of you who have sacrificed the time, money, etc to, say, go to a bowl game...this comment should make you sick to your stomach. What a defining game that will be for the University! This game is scheduled 4 years in advance, and yet she might find herself working?

Bottom line -- apples and oranges. I don't think she's necessarily a gator bandwagoneer. She simply doesnt care. She's not a fan. Her University holds little or no real place in her heart. She doesn't speak our language. And that's why, when she reads these comments, she'll think WE'RE the ones who are irrational.

That's ok. The small contingent of "true" USF fans is growing and our future is bright. Go Bulls!

Do her comments make her a bad person? No. Do I think she has ill intentions toward the school? No. I simply think she's ignorant about what USF is trying to accomplish and how the multitudes of students wearing non-USF gear is contrary to those goals.

For those of you brainwashing your kids into USF fans -- right on!  My only thought on it is that if they choose not to attend USF or cant attend for whatever reason, that I would hope they would choose not to disrespect the school they do attend by wearing USF stuff on campus. (Much in the same way that none of us want to see UF stuff on our campus).

I'll tell ya -- the worst though is seeing Gator stuff DURING bulls games. That pains my very soul.

IMO, where all this attacking her is just wrong is that she's probably the minority when it comes to people wearing Gator stuff on campus.... and by minority I mean the majority of the other school wearing people couldn't give a crap about USF. Give them their diploma, they're outta there, back to doing the Gator chomp at the Swamp. The author of the article IS a fan of USF, just not as big a one YET as all of us are. I'll repeat, she's gone to hoops games recently .... Do you realize what kind of elite group THAT puts her in right there???

Nobody wants to see other teams colors worn around campus or at games but this girl, at least, took the time to try and explain why she was doing it. Like it or not, this IS a good portion of our fan base right now until we get some lineage like Brad is seeding.

And as far as seing Gator gear at games, it sickens my stomach too ..... but at least they're there and right now we need ALL the fans we can get. As time goes on, hopefully, they'll turn to wearing green and gold to our games.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

IMO, where all this attacking her is just wrong is that she's probably the minority when it comes to people wearing Gator stuff on campus.... and by minority I mean the majority of the other school wearing people couldn't give a crap about USF. Give them their diploma, they're outta there, back to doing the Gator chomp at the Swamp. The author of the article IS a fan of USF, just not as big a one YET as all of us are. I'll repeat, [highlight]she's gone to hoops games recently .... Do you realize what kind of elite group THAT puts her in right there???[/highlight]

Nobody wants to see other teams colors worn around campus or at games but this girl, at least, took the time to try and explain why she was doing it. Like it or not, this IS a good portion of our fan base right now until we get some lineage like Brad is seeding.

And as far as seing Gator gear at games, it sickens my stomach too ..... but at least they're there and right now we need ALL the fans we can get. As time goes on, hopefully, they'll turn to wearing green and gold to our games.

She also attended the Car Care Bowl. Can everyone here say that?

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I feel the same way when I see a Bucs jersey at USF football games.  Those Bucs jerseys are not cheep.  I wish these people would spring the $15 - $20 for a USF t-shirt.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I'll repeat, she's gone to hoops games recently .... Do you realize what kind of elite group THAT puts her in right there???

Well she is a student, so she is closer to campus than many alumni.  I went to every home BB game when I was a student, except for the few December games when I had to go home for Christmas, and I even went to the home games when I lived off campus.

Things are a little different for alumnus who live an hour away even when driving on the log jam that is known as I-275.  If the team was competitive, then I would make the trek up to the Sun Dome.  The past few seasons have been a guaranteed kick in the nuts once conference play started, even when we were in C-USA.  If I wanted to endure an hour of knee-shots to the groin, then I would call my ex.  At least I can fight back in that situation.   :D