• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard to meet with Stan Heath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

I believe that there are many positives about USF. The key any coach wants is the ability to be able to win in a major conference. Tampa is a great city and USF is very attractive to minority players. I would think Heath might appreciate that after coming from Arkansas. It might take some time but a coach can win at USF, in fact coaches have won previously which proves the point. You do not have to win the Big East to be successful and go to the NCAAs.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BasketBull.

From all that I've heard and read about Heath, he's the best candidate so far. Let's hope it all works out for us.

If you've read the articles I posted on Rose and Paschal, a good coach can make it happen at USF. The fans will come to the Sun Dome -and I bet they didn't even have the Sun Dolls back in the day.  :o

We need to get excitement back into the men's bball program at USF.

Just imagine the possibilities if we get the right coach! GO BULLS!  8-)

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

On Greg's blog i saw that SEC Freshman of The Year Patrick Beverly would follow Heath and try to transfer.  There is also a recruit that Heath picked up and has since reopened his commitment.  Jenirro Bush who is 6'7

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Man, i hope we get this guy!!!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Man, i hope we get this guy!!!

dude, i was just thinking the same thing. I'm trying to not get my hopes up but this is exciting

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone.  Hog fan here...first post on this board.

USF would do good to get Coach Heath.  His recruiting ability is very good and his coaching has only gotten better while at Arkansas.  He could make USF a contender in the Big East.  On top of all that, he conducts himself with class and integrity.  Honestly, I think Arkansas was wrong to fire him.  Yes, maybe we can get a better, more established coach but Coach Heath was only getting better and next season was going to be a breakout year.  Good luck in your coaching search...maybe Stan Heath is the one for you.

-ColumbianHog

Columbia, MD

P.S. - I just hope Patrick Beverley doesn't follow him wherever he goes!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Unfortunately, I think he'll turn it down when he realizes what he's getting into.  Sorry for the pessimism.  Not many selling points to a recruit.  No practice facility, low fan attendance.......

If he truly means what he says from Brett's article then that shouldn't bother him:

"I like a challenge, I'm crazy enough to like a challenge," Heath said. "It doesn't scare me. It doesn't bother me.

BUT, he also said this:

But I feel a commitment to be successful has to be made to the coaching staff and across the board."

I think DW realizes that the way things have been done need to change, its just a matter if we can afford them.

Since we lost Moore to Quinipawtucket, Heath has moved up my list to right below Harrick I/II......