• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are not alone!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Everyone is moaning and groaning about DW not getting on the horn to Stan Heath immediately if not sooner......take a look at the Arkansas posts.

Not so different is it?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=10#S=10&F=1013

That is one ugly message board...

I agree with you Ruger that Arkansas board isn't the prettiest thing on the planet, but my point is that they too are impatient with their AD in not getting a new HC in the day before yesterday.

Do we want DW to get someone fast, or someone who fits our needs first?  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There is a difference Mama, they fired their coach believing that Billy Gillispie was on his way. Now, it looks like he might not be and they are in for an embarassment.

There is a difference Mama, they fired their coach believing that Billy Gillispie was on his way. Now, it looks like he might not be and they are in for an embarassment.

No doubt about that Joe.  

My feeling, however, is that we are too impatient.  If it was up to me, I'd want to wait until after the NCAA tournament is completed before I started slamming anyone.  Does anyone believe that DW isn't trying to do what is best for USF?  I guess there are some who do.  I don't feel that way and wish everyone would just take the time to see what pans out.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

My feeling, however, is that we are too impatient.  If it was up to me, I'd want to wait until after the NCAA tournament is completed before I started slamming anyone.  

That's the thing. I think we have to have someone locked up right after the tournament at the latest. The next signing period begins a little more than a wekk after the Final game and we have 3 scholarships to give and so big needs that have to filled, but I am confident DW will have everything in order.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

My feeling, however, is that we are too impatient.  If it was up to me, I'd want to wait until after the NCAA tournament is completed before I started slamming anyone.  

That's the thing. I think we have to have someone locked up right after the tournament at the latest. The next signing period begins a little more than a wekk after the Final game and [highlight]we have 3 scholarships to give [/highlight]and so big needs that have to filled, but I am confident DW will have everything in order.

Are we allowed to have 12 or 13 scholarship players?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Mama Bull - I agree 100% that Mr. Woolard is trying to do what is best for USF.  Not only is that his job but he is a man of high integrity, a borderline perfectionist, extremely thorough, etc.  Those traits along with many others that he possesses are traits of someone who wants to do the best job they can and hates to fail.

I for one would never question Mr. Woolards intentions, work ethic, etc.

As a rabid fan I'm hoping we can land the best candidate possible.  I am realistic in that I know we can't go to the $1 million and up club.  However, I am anxious becuase I think there are several coaches that would be pefect fits for our school and none of them seem to be in the mix according to public reports.  And yes, we all know that not everything is shared with the media, nor should it be.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

That's the thing. I think we have to have someone locked up right after the tournament at the latest. The next signing period begins a little more than a wekk after the Final game and we have 3 scholarships to give and so big needs that have to filled, but I am confident DW will have everything in order.

Haven't most good players already signed in the early signing period?  What, beyond extra bodies, can we expect a new coach to bring in?