• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe ... is he bigger?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,339
  • Content Count:  21,348
  • Days Won:  10

Blackwell had amazing composure I think that Grothe will have it by the time he is a junior as well.  However, I think we have the best overall team in the Big East next year and one of the best Quarterbacks.  Just limit the running..

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,339
  • Content Count:  21,348
  • Days Won:  10

QB running that is..

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Lets not get into a who is better thing here...both are and where very good for USF at what ever level they are at!! lets just keep it going strong!!!

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

Paul, the video is on USF Press Pass at gousfbulls.com. You have to sign up to watch so posting a link won't work.  It's $7.95/month or $79 a year. (I normally pay by the month because I only really care to have it during football, basketball, and spring training season)

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

Glad to hear. If he can keep this up for another couple of years while maintaining elusiveness, he'll be....umm, WOW!

It not easy to gain 15 lbs of muscle AND put 40lbs on the bench AND run a 4.6 40.

Thank god for N-Large.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we will see  if mg continues to progress

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

hard to compare mg/mb

too many variables

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

MB was great. MG is great. Both will leave their marks in Bulls football history. You can't compare different eras. Three things they both have in common... outstanding athletes, competitors, and they're both Bulls!

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

MATT I LOVE YOU!!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  106

Not sure about that.  Blackwell in his Junior and Senior years was better than Matt right now.  No offense to MG, but I'm sure Leavitt would agree.

I disagree on so many levels it's not even funny.

No respect to MB, but he shone like a superstar against 1-AA talent and had the occasional "Game of his Life" against 1-A teams.

MG consistently wins at not only the 1-A level, but the upper echelon of the 1-A level.

To try and compare MB and MG is an apples and oranges proposition.  But let's not forget that against a 1-A team as a freshman, MG obliterated a single-game passing record that Marquel established as a senior (I believe) against a 1-AA team.

Let's be accurate. Blackwell beat I-AA with I-AA. He also beat I-A with I-AA. He won our first game against a ranked opponent (Bowling Green).

And, unless I am mistaken, set the record for passing in a single game against Pitt as a 20+ point underdog. Grothe broke the record against a very bad Syracuse team. More importantly, Blackwell was in the top 10 in the country in TD to Int ratio and went something like 150 passes without an interception. As I can't find the archive for stats on Gousfbulls.com, I can't give exact figures.

Grothe has done some very amazing things and has the potential to surpass all of Blackwell's accomplishments but he only has a single year of production under his belt. He threw way too many interceptions. I feel, as many of you do, that he will be the best we have ever seen wear the green and gold but there are a lot of things that have to go right for that.

Blackwell, like Barnhardt will always have a place in USF history for their accomplishments.