• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is a terrific opportunity for the right coach

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

While some may like to paint the job as undesirable, I think as Bulls fans you should not support nor pay any attenton to that type of adversary - one that has no involvement or investment in the school and its program, but instead in literally "making news."

We all know the beauty of the Tampa Bay area, the growing campus and the tremendous home advantage a rockin' Sun Dome brings to the team.

USF presents a great opportunity for a coach to come in on the upswing of the Bulls short existence in Big East Basketball.

Please do not get discouraged by "blogger" reports that seem determined to taint the USF hiring process despite a lack of facts or quotable sources - just feelings and "thinks."

This is your school, your basketball program.  Don't perpetuate myths and untruths.  

Talk about your program, its upside and who the right guy is to lead this - who the right candidates are.  I suggest you not engage in the negative nonsense an outsider would thrive upon.

Remember, it's your program, you need to look out for it.  Don't sound all pitiful.

This is a great opportunity for the right guy and we will ONLY hire the right guy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Great post !

Curious, how would those here compare USF to MN's basketball program ?  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

if the coach isnt up to the "challenge" how can he call himself a coach.

give me the job.  ill do it for 100K plus sideline football tickets.

i know for 500K we can get a good coach.  and we all KNOW by now how underpaid leavitt truely is.

buy some **** season tickets!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

buy some **** season tickets!!!

Now this would impress a potential coaching candidate.

Season ticket increase showing a fan base that wants to win.

I BULLieve that DW will show that he wants Men's Basketball to be a winner, but unfortunately ... USF doesn't have many fans that want a winner.

:GoBulls

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477

Brad,

I agree with you 100%!. (Herm, Rueb spare me the kiss butt messages)

I actually typed up a 3 zillion word rant about 2 weeks ago saying pretty much the same thing.

The oppurtunity at USF is one that doesn't come around very often.  Yeah there might be better programs out there.  Yeah there might be schools with way bigger budgets.

But just think of what kind of guy you would be if you could take pathetic ole "South Florida" to the NCAA tournament?  

You would be an total rock star!

What is ironic is that is exactly how CJL thinks.  They asked him why he wasn't interested in the Alabama job and he said "5 guys have won a national title at Alabama.  I don't want to be another guy who won a national title at some other school.  Imagine if I could win a national title at South Florida?  Now that would be special."

The expectations are so low.  The bar is inches off the ground at the sun dome.  If a guy could take us to the Big East Tourny and the NIT on a regular basis he would be un-fireable.

I look at a job like Iowa and think why?

All  you have to do at USF is win 20 games and the job is yours for the rest of your life.

Take the job at Ark and 2 first round losses in the NCAA tourny gets you fired.  Take the job at USF and two first round NCAA losses gets you a 500K dollar raise.

Its a no brainer in my eyes.

Anyone who is scared off lacks confidence in their ability.  A man who knows he is a good coach, thinks he can win anywhere.

Its like in golf.  No matter how big or small you make the cup, good putters will always make more putts.  Its not the size of the cup that makes them good putters - its the stroke and confidence.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Brad,

I agree with you 100%!. (Herm, Rueb spare me the kiss butt messages)

I actually typed up a 3 zillion word rant about 2 weeks ago saying pretty much the same thing.

The oppurtunity at USF is one that doesn't come around very often.  Yeah there might be better programs out there.  Yeah there might be schools with way bigger budgets.

But just think of what kind of guy you would be if you could take pathetic ole "South Florida" to the NCAA tournament?  

You would be an total rock star!

What is ironic is that is exactly how CJL thinks.  They asked him why he wasn't interested in the Alabama job and he said "5 guys have won a national title at Alabama.  I don't want to be another guy who won a national title at some other school.  Imagine if I could win a national title at South Florida?  Now that would be special."

The expectations are so low.  The bar is inches off the ground at the sun dome.  If a guy could take us to the Big East Tourny and the NIT on a regular basis he would be un-fireable.

I look at a job like Iowa and think why?

All  you have to do at USF is win 20 games and the job is yours for the rest of your life.

Take the job at Ark and 2 first round losses in the NCAA tourny gets you fired.  Take the job at USF and two first round NCAA losses gets you a 500K dollar raise.

Its a no brainer in my eyes.

Anyone who is scared off lacks confidence in their ability.  A man who knows he is a good coach, thinks he can win anywhere.

Its like in golf.  No matter how big or small you make the cup, good putters will always make more putts.  Its not the size of the cup that makes them good putters - its the stroke and confidence.

(  )(  )    :-*  

hire heath asap

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

(  )(  )    :-*  

hire heath asap

So you're going to kiss Stan Heath if he is hired?