• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF safety Williams arrested in Tampa

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

was the Sheriff a UCF alum?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  29
  • Days Won:  0

Having a couple arrests here and there is normal.  It happens with these kids.  But, having 16 (or whatever) in three years, as the UCF Fan pointed out, is simply unacceptable.  [highlight]There comes a time where it gets embarrassing and we start to get a bad reputation.  I believe that time was at least 5 arrests ago.[/highlight]

No need to worry, though.  We all know nothing will come out of this.  I'm tired of our administration accepting this behavior, all in the name of victories on the field.  It's a shame.

That's complete nonsense. The only ones who try to hang the bad reputation rap on us are your Kanigit brethren ... and they started that 15 arrests ago... if that 16 arrests is even accurate.

Sorry, but if that number is even close to correct, combined with our inability to get recruits who can make the grades to get into college, [highlight]gives the Knight fans all of the, justifiable, ammunition that they need.[/highlight]

Exactly, "gives the Knight fans all of the, justifiable, ammunition that they need". Who gives a crap what those whiners think?? Nobody else gives a crap about this stuff because it goes on all over big time college football. Show me one reputable source outside of Orlando and Tampa that has given those supposed 16 arrests any kind of press at all.

Show me one source outside of Orlando and Tampa that gives us or UCF any kind of press besides the occassional "are they there yet?" type story.

You don't think the other Big East fans aren't in the same boat as UCF fans?  Do you think that the typical walk-up Tampa football fan, that we want to come to our games and become USF fans, isn't in that same boat?

We're shooting ourselves in the foot with this nonsense.  To the people who aren't big-time USF fans, this looks bad.  Not just for UCF fans.  Believe it or not, but we're getting a bad reputation, and that reputation will eventually spread outside of Tampa and Orlando.  It's embarrassing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Having a couple arrests here and there is normal.  It happens with these kids.  But, having 16 (or whatever) in three years, as the UCF Fan pointed out, is simply unacceptable.  [highlight]There comes a time where it gets embarrassing and we start to get a bad reputation.  I believe that time was at least 5 arrests ago.[/highlight]

No need to worry, though.  We all know nothing will come out of this.  I'm tired of our administration accepting this behavior, all in the name of victories on the field.  It's a shame.

That's complete nonsense. The only ones who try to hang the bad reputation rap on us are your Kanigit brethren ... and they started that 15 arrests ago... if that 16 arrests is even accurate.

Sorry, but if that number is even close to correct, combined with our inability to get recruits who can make the grades to get into college, [highlight]gives the Knight fans all of the, justifiable, ammunition that they need.[/highlight]

Exactly, "gives the Knight fans all of the, justifiable, ammunition that they need". Who gives a crap what those whiners think?? Nobody else gives a crap about this stuff because it goes on all over big time college football. Show me one reputable source outside of Orlando and Tampa that has given those supposed 16 arrests any kind of press at all.

Show me one source outside of Orlando and Tampa that gives us or UCF any kind of press besides the occassional "are they there yet?" type story.

You don't think the other Big East fans aren't in the same boat as UCF fans?  Do you think that the typical walk-up Tampa football fan, that we want to come to our games and become USF fans, isn't in that same boat?

We're shooting ourselves in the foot with this nonsense.  To the people who aren't big-time USF fans, this looks bad.  Not just for UCF fans.  [highlight]Believe it or not, but we're getting a bad reputation, and that reputation will eventually spread outside of Tampa and Orlando.  [/highlight]It's embarrassing.

You have no basis whatsoever for that comment. How do you get a reputation if no one outside your home market and the market of an obsessed, wannabe rival cares?? And really, very few in the home market really care that much... just a few nancy boys on a message board. These things happen all the time in major college football programs..... besides, what they've been reported as having done so far isn't that freaking horrible. We're talking college kids here.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

so besides the fact that everyone is arguing about fag_light's comments, is there any REAL update on the two players' situations???

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

Out at 3 a.m. during spring football isn't a first for any of these kids and you can't fault them for that.  We all were in college and did the same things.  You can however fault both of them for not being smart and just leaving before things got out of hand...and I think that is what really pissed CJL off.  He knows that people are human but I'm sure had higher hopes for these two having better character.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

There really is no need to keep this open for the UCF buzzards.  It's clear the remaining interest is on behalf of the knights.