• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Come back for Papa_Bull (aka HowieP)?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Now, this is only my opinion and you can take it for what it is worth.....but, there are 2 types of bullpen posters who need to change their ways.  There are those who look for any reason to argue and those who just log anything in order to increase their post numbers.

To address one of the two groups of ppl well pointed out by Mama_bull. I don't know why it is necessary to make the "# posted" public viewing each time we post. On other message boards I've particpated...many of those with a higher # of posts lord over "newbies" as if their opinions are somehow more valid just because they post 50 times a days. (not much of that attitude here...but it shows up once in a while) ::)

Being someone who is relatively new, it blows my mind that anyone could even have 20,000 or 40,000 postings. 20,000? I mean..that would require you to post 1 time every day for about 55 years. Or if you pair that down to 5 years..that's 11 a day....wow...just wow.  :o Do you really have that much to say EVERYDAY? Do you even remember what sunlight looks like??

Obviously everyone should be allowed to post as many times as they want no matter how inane. But maybe the moderators should consider removing the # of postings indicator on each posting and just leave the "ranking" (scout team, sophmore, administrator, etc) if you feel it is necessary. If we want to see how many times we've posted for ourselves, keep that information available in our profiles or something when we want. Just an idea....

Listen newbie, just shut the heck up!!  j/k  ;D  ;D  ;D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Now, this is only my opinion and you can take it for what it is worth.....but, there are 2 types of bullpen posters who need to change their ways.  There are those who look for any reason to argue and those who just log anything in order to increase their post numbers.

To address one of the two groups of ppl well pointed out by Mama_bull. I don't know why it is necessary to make the "# posted" public viewing each time we post. On other message boards I've particpated...many of those with a higher # of posts lord over "newbies" as if their opinions are somehow more valid just because they post 50 times a days. (not much of that attitude here...but it shows up once in a while) ::)

Being someone who is relatively new, it blows my mind that anyone could even have 20,000 or 40,000 postings. 20,000? I mean..that would require you to post 1 time every day for about 55 years. Or if you pair that down to 5 years..that's 11 a day....wow...just wow.  :o Do you really have that much to say EVERYDAY? Do you even remember what sunlight looks like??

Obviously everyone should be allowed to post as many times as they want no matter how inane. But maybe the moderators should consider removing the # of postings indicator on each posting and just leave the "ranking" (scout team, sophmore, administrator, etc) if you feel it is necessary. If we want to see how many times we've posted for ourselves, keep that information available in our profiles or something when we want. Just an idea....

Listen newbie, just shut the heck up!!  j/k  ;D  ;D  ;D

Enjoy it now...you can only mistreat me for another 7200 postings or so. And I'm closing in FAST  :D

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

We're always in Howie's corner...  So, Pass the booze Mama_Bull.   ;)

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

come back home howie

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama_Bull

I didn't write what I did to start an arguement and was not meant to be disrespectful to Howie or yourself.  I've seen Howie on the other boards and know he talks USF everwhere he can.  For whatever reason, Howie decided that he had enough of this board and chose to leave.  The types of Bullpen poster you refer to won't change their ways.  One either choses to deal with it or choses not to deal with it.

Just so I'm clear, I liked having Howie on here a lot, butI'm not going to beg for him to come back.  As I said before, he's an adult, and as such makes his own decisions.

If it seems that I am taking umbrage with your post, I'm not.  ;)

I understand your thinking Apis, and allow for your position.  I guess I am just still steaming for what occurred a while back.  What is the expression.....Hell hath no fury as woman......."   LOL  I guess like the Elephant, I don't forget.

What I do know, however, is that there are a lot of great people who post here, and to them I say Bull Nation is what it is because of them.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

I think Howie will be better for it by taking a break from this board.  He'll be back in due time and perhaps with a healthier perspective on who is worth investing his time in.

Glad to see he has a wife who supports his right to differently than she does.  Great example!

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

For those that troll the opponents message boards during football season, there is no other poster that brings light on the USF perspective more so than HowieP.  ET is a close second though.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Mama_Bull

I didn't write what I did to start an arguement and was not meant to be disrespectful to Howie or yourself.  I've seen Howie on the other boards and know he talks USF everwhere he can.  For whatever reason, Howie decided that he had enough of this board and chose to leave.  The types of Bullpen poster you refer to won't change their ways.  One either choses to deal with it or choses not to deal with it.

Just so I'm clear, [highlight]I liked having Howie on here a lot, butI'm not going to beg for him to come back.[/highlight]  As I said before, he's an adult, and as such makes his own decisions.

If it seems that I am taking umbrage with your post, I'm not.  ;)

I understand your thinking Apis, and allow for your position.  I guess I am just still steaming for what occurred a while back.  What is the expression.....Hell hath no fury as woman......."   LOL  I guess like the Elephant, I don't forget.

What I do know, however, is that there are a lot of great people who post here, and to them I say Bull Nation is what it is because of them.

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

I totally agree!  Like I stated in my post at the top of this thread, "HowieP should forgive" ... afterall, how long does one hold a grudge to 3-4% of people on a stupid msg board when the other 96-97% want him around?

Maybe he needs to be the bigger man..........right now he isn't, IMO.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Come on Howie...come back!

Now I'll be honest....I want you to come back so you can start linking online article again ;^)

Seriously, hope you rejoin us for the upcoming 2007 season, but I

understand why you took a hiatus.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

BTW....is this a GarySJ sighting?

Posted by  Gary Stephen, Omaha, Nebraska on 03/19  at  02:20 PM

Maybe Gillen is the “insurance policy†candidate.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/for-petes-sake/