• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Coach: Who's on your wish list?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Days Won:  0

Greg, where did you find your fax about Lowery's salary?  Not that I don't believe you but I am shocked that he only makes high 100's to maybe low 200's.  If that's the case sign him tomorrow!! or in a month after the dance.

I'll change my mind and take A. Grant as the back up option.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67

i am more intrested in what resources DW will committ to Bball.

will softball/ baseball/wBball and the rest of athletics get pushed aside?

I was wondering if commiting resorces to hoops would cause friction with the other coaches. Leavitt wants a mess hall, Lelo and Ken want stadiums and I'm sure Jose won't like mens hoops getting more when he has been doing well of late. At least if they decide to build a practice facility Jose will be able to use it. Hopefully the greater good of the athletic program will prevail.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

i am more intrested in what resources DW will committ to Bball.

will softball/ baseball/wBball and the rest of athletics get pushed aside?

I was wondering if commiting resorces to hoops would cause friction with the other coaches. Leavitt wants a mess hall, Lelo and Ken want stadiums and I'm sure Jose won't like mens hoops getting more when he has been doing well of late. At least if they decide to build a practice facility Jose will be able to use it. Hopefully the greater good of the athletic program will prevail.

This may sound rude, but honestly who cares what they think?  Its college baseball, softball and womens basketball and i personally would rather watch paint dry over watching college baseball.  If you really want to build revenue, get national exposure and have the greater good of the program prevail you do it through football and mens basketball first, especially since we are in the best basketball conference in the country.  Put a ranking next to USFs name in BE bball and you will see it is well worth it to pay a big time coach.    

I beg Woolard to dig deep in those pockets, even if it means taking away from other programs, and make the big hire.  

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I have a feeling Bobby Lutz will be our next head coach.

I sure hope yopu are right.  I have met the guy and he is outstanding as his record shows.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Matt Dougherty, Tom Pecora, Carl Hobbs, Quinn Snyder, Jim Harrick (j/k trip), Fran Fraschilla, Steve Lavin, Anthony Grant, Chris Collins, Steve Wojohowski (sp), Reggie Theus, Scott Sutton, Gregg Marshall, Herman momart (they said they are taking all application)

anyone but Mike Jarvis....please!!

I hate insulting folks on this board and yes I know other folks besides Herm the Worm has said this name but you have to be kidding me MATT DOUGHERTY, that would be the worst move we could make.  he managed to almost ruin UNC basketball by himself and then couldn't hack it at FIU or FAU or whatever powerhouse program he went to.  No way would we hire a guy like him.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Matt Dougherty, Tom Pecora, Carl Hobbs, Quinn Snyder, Jim Harrick (j/k trip), Fran Fraschilla, Steve Lavin, Anthony Grant, Chris Collins, Steve Wojohowski (sp), Reggie Theus, Scott Sutton, Gregg Marshall, Herman momart (they said they are taking all application)

anyone but Mike Jarvis....please!!

I hate insulting folks on this board and yes I know other folks besides Herm the Worm has said this name but you have to be kidding me MATT DOUGHERTY, that would be the worst move we could make.  he managed to almost ruin UNC basketball by himself and then couldn't hack it at FIU or FAU or whatever powerhouse program he went to.  No way would we hire a guy like him.

Herm the Worm, you must be known for your sense of humor.  but i hate to insult people who really do not know anything about college basketball.  But Matt Dougherty single handily turned around Notre Dame basketball, remember that?  Probably not.  He also recruited the WHOLE UNC TEAM THAT WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP (except marvin williams).  I wouldnt call that almost ruining UNC, not even close.  For some reason his couldnt win when his recruits were young and the fans called for his head.  Thats why he was fired,  but the man can recruit his ass off and would be the best coach to ever coach us in the sundome....BY FAR.  

Personally, i want Reggie Theus, but Matt Dougherty would exceed my expectations.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35

We need to get a known name in here.  We need to get someone that can get some fans in the seats.  Not just ask for them to come out, but put a team out there that people actually want to go watch.  I would like to see Lavin or Theus or what about Calipari from Memphis.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You got 2M to pay Calipari?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I'm sticking with Anthony Grant.

It's a win-win for me, though.

If he stays here at VCU, I get to watch him coach in-person.

He'd be quite the catch.