• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Coach: Who's on your wish list?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

How about Richard Schmidt of Tampa University? He has had a tremendous career at Tampa. He would bring tough defense and discipline to this team.  Although its been a long time since he coached in the majors, Vanderbilt 77-79, in two years at Vandy he was several games over 500 and beat University of Kentucky twice, once in the SEC tournament.  He was unjustly run out of town on a rail with several years left on his contract because he didn't fit in with the upper crust elite that run that place.  More specifically it probably was because he sat crowd favorite local boy "country" Rhodes because of his pitifull attempts at playing defense.  He is a no nonsense hard nose old school coach who turn this team around right away.  I saw the bull game at Louisville this year and was absolutely disgusted with a tremedously atheletic team who seemed to play with no defense, discipline, desire or heart.  I think there is a coach in South Florida's backyard that could give this team these qualities and win right away!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

I just led my team to a second national title in as many years on NCAA 2k7 so I should be on the list.  I'll take 200,000

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I remember when UL signed Pitino and I thought "man that is incredible."

I want that feeling again (this time for us).

If I can't have that, please let's get someone that currently recruits and coaches in a major conference.  I really don't care much for the Big South, Patriot, Atlantic 10, etc.

A proven bigtime coach.

Dickie V  ;D

Proven was a key word...love Dickie V, but unless he is doing our color....   :-X

:)

I think with this new opportunity I have become a BCS snob...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

How about Richard Schmidt of Tampa University? He has had a tremendous career at Tampa. He would bring tough defense and discipline to this team.  Although its been a long time since he coached in the majors, Vanderbilt 77-79, in two years at Vandy he was several games over 500 and beat University of Kentucky twice, once in the SEC tournament.  He was unjustly run out of town on a rail with several years left on his contract because he didn't fit in with the upper crust elite that run that place.  More specifically it probably was because he sat crowd favorite local boy "country" Rhodes because of his pitifull attempts at playing defense.  He is a no nonsense hard nose old school coach who turn this team around right away.  I saw the bull game at Louisville this year and was absolutely disgusted with a tremedously atheletic team who seemed to play with no defense, discipline, desire or heart.  I think there is a coach in South Florida's backyard that could give this team these qualities and win right away!

You want to send some people over the edge .... Hire a Div II coach .... ANY Div II coach. I love Coach Schmidt and still have fond memories of going to games with my dad and watching UT kick FSC's ass .... Right, ET?  ;).... but there's no way he should be considered for USF.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

i say we go after Belein from WVU to pay em back for stealing all our f-ball coaches!!!!!!

i say we go after Belein from WVU to pay em back for stealing all our f-ball coaches!!!!!!

Now there's an idea tha makes for good pub...    ;D  Let's do it.