• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Coach: Who's on your wish list?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking about Lavin the other day after seeing him on ESPN. While I realize the high profile assistant may pay dividends, I think we need someone with established credibility as a head coach. Snyder has too much baggage for Woolard to take on. Fran Fracilla (sp) might be an option because of his northeast connections, althought if I remember correctly he had a stint at The John that didn't end well.  What about Steve Fisher? I only mention him b/c in my past life I dealt with him on a business transaction. I know he had a home in Fort Myers.  I'm curious to see if we go the assistant route if Wojo will be in the mix. I didn't follow the mid-majors enough to know about any of the up and coming head coaches.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

Bobby Cremins would be high on my list.  Did some pretty good things at Georgia Tech and is a good recruiter of the NY area.  After taking a few years away from coaching he took the job at College of Charleston.  Don't even know if he would consider the job or if his current job is kind of a semi retirement (not filled with the stress of coaching in the BE)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

USFan, as much as I would love to have Dawkins here, there isnt a chance.  

He will be taking over for Coach k when he decides to retire.  I wish we could have him though.  

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone remember Bobby Lutz? Charlotte just had their first off year in forever (they went to the Atlantic 10 after C-USA dissolved), but the guy can recruit like a mother and he plays a style that players love. Plus I remember JEWBULL telling us about his salary needs a few years ago as related during a USF-Charlotte game. What was it, $500K?

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

USFan, as much as I would love to have Dawkins here, there isnt a chance.  

He will be taking over for Coach k when he decides to retire.  I wish we could have him though.  

I was there when coach K won his 700th game at Duke.

He is 60 and said that he plans on being there for a very long time.

Though he did say no when we started to chant 700 more... lol

There have been other assistants that have left Coach K's staff to pursue head coaching jobs.  I don't see how this would be different.  He can coach here and WHEN Coach K retires... he may go back if he so desires.  BUT, there are 2 other former Dukies on the staff too.

I want this guy bad...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

alot of great suggestions

many of those mentioned can take usf to great heights

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I will apply  ;D

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ha, Some of you guys are rediculous.

Tubby Smith! If fired he will be the most in demand coach on the market. I would expect South Carolina to make a serious run at him if that is the case.

Steve Lavin! He's making 500k+ at ESPN, last summer when talking to NC State he was asking for a little over a million a year.

Quinn Snyder! He got into all sorts of NCAA rules violation shennagins at Mizzou.

Bobby Cremins! He's 60 and making almost 250k a year at College of Charleston. Thats too much money for a guy in the twighlight of his coaching career.

I wouldn't mind Dougherty, but he left FAU after 1 year because they refused to invest money into facilities and the program overall. I doubt he'd enjoy the current facilities or expenses.

I think Theus or Anthony Grant is where we should start our search.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

DW is going to have to do one hell of a sales job to get any big name coach here.