• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball is like Rutgers Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

As a matter of fact he was... despite the fact that his first four years were so bad that smazza would have been screaming to fire Schiano for at least two of them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Just to note the previous 3 Rutgers coaches got 6-6-5 years respectively

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

I dunno Trip, Rutgers had been mired in 25+ years of being bad, flat bad.

USF on the other hand had sniffed success under the prior regime and has just come to flat out suck.

I still think comparing the two is hard simply because it is much harder to build a talent base in football.

Exactly.  Rutgers had more of a rebuilding of its program than USF basketball does.  What Schiano has done is unparalleled to any coach (even Leavitt).  Remember, this was the birthplace of college football, but also the laughing stock of college football for over a century.

If anything, it gives us hope that our basketball team can get it going.. I'm using the logic: "if RU football can do it, why can't USF bball?"  Remember, there's only 5 people on the court in BBall.  All you really need is that one good recruit to change the way things are.  I think the Geography argument is a little moot in college basketball, considering how many high school basketball players there are, and how little the roster spots are of 1-A teams.

All we need is that 1 coach and probably that 1 recruit to get us competitive.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

rutgers is now winning because they have dumped a bunch of money into the program. they doubled the budget in the last 10 years and actually had a higher football budget than Michigan in 04-05. I bet if we double our basketball budget and make a commitment to build a winner then we will. It takes time and money though.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/football/061122/f112211A.html

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Ya if USF spent like hell on their basketball program, they could have a chance.

Getting a group of 35-40 guys to play in one game is much much harder than amassing 7-8

tampa should have a top 20 football team year after year

we have access to the talent

I have access to millions of dollars at work unfourtunately they wont come home with me. ;D ;D