• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BaseBulls talking smack

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070306/GATORS16/70306009/-1/sports

South Florida guarantee

Anyone looking for some drama might want to begin rooting for a Florida-South Florida meeting in the NCAA baseball regionals later this spring.

The Gators' come-from-behind, 10-5 win in front of a standing-room-only crowd at South Florida last week brought an unexpected boast from a Bulls infielder.

USF third baseman Addison Maruszack guaranteed the Bulls would beat Florida should the team's meet in the regionals.

"We're a better team than that club right there," Maruszack is quoted as saying in South Florida's student newspaper, The Oracle. "Florida has the big name and everything - we're a much better team than them. When we get them next time in regionals, if they make regionals, if we play them, we're going to beat them. That's a guarantee."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Sounds like the Gators don't like being reminded their not the best in something.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Great post, This kid just became my new favorite Bull! I think he is right too. Can't wait to see this happen. SCREW YOU gaynesville gayterds!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Just pointing this out, but if any other team said this after USF came back on them we'd be all over them.

I'd rather save the guarentees and just play, there is a lot left in the season before we can go trumpeting making a regional. This team looks better, but as the last week shows they are far from being dominant.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

Just pointing this out, but if any other team said this after USF came back on them we'd be all over them.

I'd rather save the guarentees and just play, there is a lot left in the season before we can go trumpeting making a regional. This team looks better, but as the last week shows they are far from being dominant.

Agreed. To me he may have just jinxed the season. However, I'm relieved it wasn't some scrub who said this. That would've been bad.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Funny.. it just now made the Gainesville paper?  It was originally posted here soon after the game - I think it was in the Oracle..

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

You know there's a little slow up there, Bulliever.  ;)

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

I posted this same article last week.  I guess no one read it.   :-/