• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football: What a PERFECT Place We're In!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Well ladies and gents...here we are.  2007. What a great year it's going to be for USF football.

We're in THE perfect spot. We'll likely be good enough that we could squeak off a win against ANYONE, and yet we come into the season still relatively unknown. If we lose to big names (like Auburn), no big deal... we're 'supposed' to lose after all.  But if we win? Wow -- what a statement that would be. So there is tremendous upside for us.

We're the underdog in the games against the big name opponents, but we're still good enough to consistently beat the UCFs of the world. It makes for nice one-sided rivalries.

It was so important that the Big East have a good year this year, too, so that WHEN we win the Big East, people arent still saying the conference as a whole is weak.  The 5-0 performance of the Big East this year really sets the stage for us in 07.

We're still a VERY young team in terms of how long we've been around, but have so much potential.  Phenom QB Grothe, Mike Ford...the 'seal has been broken' if you will on some big names coming in. Once we have that 'breakout' season that I think we're all hoping for this year, USF could become MUCH more attractive to the star recruits. And here we are in Recruiting City, USA.

I gotta give props to the Big East commish. He saw the potential, and it's going to pay off for him....BIG TIME.

Props to Leavitt also.  If only there were more people in the world who put their heart and soul into something they loved without regard for money.  I'd take Leavitt over Saban (or any other of the 'soldier of fortune' coaches out there) anyday.  Leavitt will be a legend among legends...not just at USF, but in all of college football.

Folks Im VERY excited about what is in store for USF in the coming years. And all of you reading this were fans BEFORE USF went 'big time'. And you can wear that badge of honor forever.  I salute you.

Im honored to be a part of it!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

preach brother bull.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

You summed up the off-season thoughts very nicely.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

This is what I have been explaining to people at work.  Of course, Lakeland is very USF friendly, so it isn't a challenge.  What the challenge is -- I have been preaching to Gator fans that they have the opportunity to be charter USF fans instead of "me too" Gator fans.  USF is the home team, they are good, they are making history, creating a legacy (or a legend, as you put it).

I can only attribute the need to be seen as a gator as a pretentious deep need for affiliation and acceptance.  After all, most gator fans never even took a class from the institution or even lived close to it.  But instead of cheering for the home team or the school their kids or other relatives attended, they have to deck themselves out in the loudest outfits of orange and blue.  They couldn't tell you how to get to the stadium, but by God, they are gators!

My hats off to all of us who believed enough to invest our emotions, time, and funds into a dream.  That investment is paying off.  Now, to offer that dream to others...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Well ladies and gents...here we are.  2007. What a great year it's going to be for USF football.

We're in THE perfect spot. We'll likely be good enough that we could squeak off a win against ANYONE, and yet we come into the season still relatively unknown. If we lose to big names (like Auburn), no big deal... we're 'supposed' to lose after all.  But if we win? Wow -- what a statement that would be. So there is tremendous upside for us.

We're the underdog in the games against the big name opponents, but we're still good enough to consistently beat the UCFs of the world. It makes for nice one-sided rivalries.

It was so important that the Big East have a good year this year, too, so that WHEN we win the Big East, people arent still saying the conference as a whole is weak.  The 5-0 performance of the Big East this year really sets the stage for us in 07.

We're still a VERY young team in terms of how long we've been around, but have so much potential.  Phenom QB Grothe, Mike Ford...the 'seal has been broken' if you will on some big names coming in. Once we have that 'breakout' season that I think we're all hoping for this year, USF could become MUCH more attractive to the star recruits. And here we are in Recruiting City, USA.

I gotta give props to the Big East commish. He saw the potential, and it's going to pay off for him....BIG TIME.

Props to Leavitt also.  If only there were more people in the world who put their heart and soul into something they loved without regard for money.  I'd take Leavitt over Saban (or any other of the 'soldier of fortune' coaches out there) anyday.  Leavitt will be a legend among legends...not just at USF, but in all of college football.

Folks Im VERY excited about what is in store for USF in the coming years. And all of you reading this were fans BEFORE USF went 'big time'. And you can wear that badge of honor forever.  I salute you.

Im honored to be a part of it!

while i agree with most of this a bad showing against auburn will hurt the both usf and big east.

to be taken seriously you have to beat the big boys

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Just because they're in the same conference doesn't mean that West Virginia and Louisville aren't "big boys".

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

WVU is a big boy

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

we have expectations now, and we must live up to them...I BULLIEVE IN JIM LEAVITT AND THE DIRECTION THIS PROGRAM IS HEADING.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

although the auburn game is not a must win, it is a measuring stick.  We MUST be in this game in the 4th quarter.  Its on espn, the nation will be watching.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Love the talent we have and their guts.  Auburn will be a telling game, but how we do in our own conference is more important.